CRL - HWT

skutch

I'm open to the transfer, Daetrin. I believe, if your Det is willing to accept them, they're a better fit with the FISD as they're in essence a clean TK with specified TD accessories.

I'll get with you with all the reference documentation I have on them.

Kev

How about we stop focusing on the costume designation which is not germane to this conversation.

The point is that it's clearly not covered nor wanted by MEPD. It's currently owned by SpecOps. FISD is open to taking it on based on Kevin's comments of the base costume.

I think it's a dead issue here at MEPD, and really the conversation goes to SpecOps on deciding to formally release it.

I'm open to the transfer, Daetrin. I believe, if your Det is willing to accept them, they're a better fit with the FISD as they're in essence a clean TK with TD accessories.

I'll get with you with all the reference documentation I have on them.

Kev

Roger roger Kevin! Let's move this to email.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, here's the confusion:

posted by the Sec Ops Detachment Leader. Seems like they are climing the HWT, which is fine by me, however the current CRL disagrees with his statement.

And the Heavy Weapons Trooper (HWT) is a TX and NOT a TD belonging to the MEPD. It's NOT a clean TD - there are differences documented by the EU comic captures.

They've been a TX since 2006, but I'm working with Daetrin to see if the FISD wants them instead.

http://www.501stlegion.org/crl/td_sandtrooper.php

Here's the original HWT thread from 2006: http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewtopic...ron&start=0

so which is it? i'm seeing three different answers everywhere.

ok, here's the confusion:

posted by the Sec Ops Detachment Leader. Seems like they are climing the HWT, which is fine by me, however the current CRL disagrees with his statement.

so which is it? i'm seeing three different answers everywhere.

I think it is quite clear...

HWT isn't a TD, therefore not MEPD... It is claimed by SpecOps as a TX, however FISD might want it as it is an up-equipped TK...

It's upto FISD and S.O. to decide where it really belongs...

Actually the LMO decides what the costume designation is. Guys - I feel like a broken record: there is not necessarily a 1:1 correlation between costume designation and what detachment a costume falls under. Since the only person who can change it is Thomas (Spanos), you're best bet is to discuss with him if you're not happy about it staying a TD.

Kevin and I have consensus that the HWT will belong with FISD, and this transfer takes effect 1APR. FISD has already created the necessary forums, etc.

Actually the LMO decides what the costume designation is. Guys - I feel like a broken record: there is not necessarily a 1:1 correlation between costume designation and what detachment a costume falls under. Since the only person who can change it is Thomas (Spanos), you're best bet is to discuss with him if you're not happy about it staying a TD.

Kevin and I have consensus that the HWT will belong with FISD, and this transfer takes effect 1APR. FISD has already created the necessary forums, etc.

All I am saying is is that the 2 interested parties (Det DL's) are deciding where the best, and correct place, for the HWT is rather than just forcing it on a specific Det as in the past... Yes the LMO is the ultimate decider but it should be done with the agreement of the relevant det's... The MEPD never wanted it nor shoud it ever have been here...

As you say though it is a broken record...

Well I know I am not the most knowledgeable Star Wars guy but, doesn't the word SANDtrooper mean some sort of desert environment?

And Mosey Eisley is on a desert planet. So 1+1= MEPD is a Sandtrooper only site right? I mean I didn't graduate from MIT but seems to kind of

be a no brainier. I agree with you guys 100% I think maybe the heads at the 501st might have not had their coffee that mourning.

Yea I don't think he need to Posted Image