New Macrobinocular Source?

I just saw this on the SW.com blog and thought I'd share. Looks like Uncle Milton, the company behind the upcoming Force Trainer has a "Star Wars Optical Command Unit" thats based on the Clone Wars series macrobinocs which are more or less the same as the ones from ANH.

Posted Image

Star Wars Optical Command Unit

Go on scouting missions or examine microscopic details with just one toy! The Optical Command Unit is a multi-functional reconnaissance device that can be assembled into three unique configurations – binoculars, magnifier and mini-projector. Learn about optics and visual projection with this 3-in-1 kit!

Ages 6 and up. SRP $34.99

Granted there's no shots of the front of the thing to see how close it is but this could be a new option thats much more accurate than a refitted Sub Hunt.

I just saw this on the SW.com blog and thought I'd share. Looks like Uncle Milton, the company behind the upcoming Force Trainer has a "Star Wars Optical Command Unit" thats based on the Clone Wars series macrobinocs which are more or less the same as the ones from ANH.

Posted Image

Granted there's no shots of the front of the thing to see how close it is but this could be a new option thats much more accurate than a refitted Sub Hunt.

when and where did you see this posted?? I can't find anything about it any where on the web...

(This isn't made for the action figures is it?)

Got any links?

ShortTrooper (Diana)

Run that sucker on a table saw to remove the cool face detail, mount on one of those plastic pitchers (or a bisected piece of 2" diameter PVC pipe spanned with Sintra/HIPS for closure), add styrene strips, paint and weather... done.

Or get the Sci-Fire option... $35.00 is steep to be cutting it up for a small part of the overall device... AND, what can be done with Sintra, and some water jets and/or laser cutters and PVC adapter rings.

JB, you still offering those?

So, great idea by LFL and a toy company turned to ****.

Anyone notice they have made the clone blaster - the toy - even smaller?

Found this one:

Posted Image

Looks way too small. Could be a good source for parts for a home made set of macro binocs, though.

I have made these on my vacformer, I have sold quite a few as kits over here in the UK to the garrison TD's.

I would need to sort out my masters again to do some more but if you are interested let me know.

I did them for £20 GBP plus post and they were sold as shells nearly built ready to add the lenses etc.

(these ones were MY finished onesafter adding all the bits and bobs and painting- not what would be recieved :) ) I also added a wireless video camera to them so the right hand sensor (where the red LED is)on the front wont be the same as on these, I had to change it to get the camera in.

Click Here for more pics-Macrobinocs project

Posted Image

This is what the right hand sensor looks like on my masters

Posted Image