New to the MEPD, came over from the FISD

TN TROOPER

HI Josh welcome to the home of the battle hardened the MEPD B)

This forum I would say has the most helpfull lot out of all the forums I go on, you will be made most welcome here :)

TK's were made to get dirty, not stay all clean :angry:

Thanks for making me feel like its home here at the MEPD... funny thing is that I am a former police officer so this just fits me lol, oh btw what will i use fir my sholder straps since i dont use ribbed ones for a sandy ? and will a MRCE bucket be ok to use for a sandy, I will no longer be using my FX bucket and can i do my brow like the move along trooper ? :td:

for your shoulder straps you should use white/off-white canvas straps (GundamZeppelin has some in the "For Sale" section)

a MRCE can be up to MEPD specs if you do it right (minor tweaks, weathering...)

you can wear your brow however you like but low... :D

thanks and I have a request aswell if you have any hand me down seconds to help my sandy build out I would appreciate it, i need a paladron and a parts list and specs for a sandy pack, i picked up my MP40 pouches from my local army surplus today, I also need to know where to get the earth powder..... for weathering

Welcome to the sandpit, If you look in For Sale, there is a good source for Pac's...

I am sure you will like it here at MEPD because some of them most talented and down to earth talent in the 501st are located here.

In fact since I have been here at MEPD I do not recall one single post that involved put downs even in the case of the most 'challenging' armor.

Good luck ask allot of questions thats how we all got here.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as you have heard, it is more than dirt and a pauldron. BUT, I am selling a pauldron, and a completed and weathered RT-Mod helmet with fans installed, an upgraded Daetrin V1 pack, that was built by Daetrin when he was getting his TD numbers – Now, he is the XO of this forum. That said, the pack is improved.

I have a gallery here that shows my completed T-21/Lewis Gun. The first pic, is my Pauldron that is for sale. Also, you can see my pack upgrades in progress... also, a resource to show the process of all the stuff you need to do, add, buy, and tweak to make your suit into a TD... and better than having to pull out ABS polish and that dirty rag and "wax on-wax off" to be shiny whitey!!!

A MUST: DUMP THE FX LID!!!!

http://gallery.me.com/john.sale/100150

Go here to see specifics... http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4964

I also have some Fuller's Earth in small containers. Just follow TD-1536's tutorial if you get some stuff from me.

Also, I have a T-21 kit. It is an entry-level weapon. Follow link to see finalized result...

http://clone-empire.com/lewis/daetrinslewis.jpg

A great starter weapon, light to troop with, takes about 4-5 hours to put together, and you can upgrade to a pricier option when you are on your version 2 or 3 TD suit tweak-job. BTW, Daetrin carries that weapon. PM him about it. He loves it.

I hope it helps.

Send me an e-mailat john.sale@me.com – lastly, this is a great group of men! Very helpful and friendly.

Troop On!

John

p.s - New and exciting stuff is coming as well. Stay Tuned.

thanks and I have a request aswell if you have any hand me down seconds to help my sandy build out I would appreciate it, i need a paladron and a parts list and specs for a sandy pack, i picked up my MP40 pouches from my local army surplus today, I also need to know where to get the earth powder..... for weathering

Can't wait to see the new pack John. Trust me my feelings aren't being hurt for you to upgrade. It was an excellent pack for 2006, but with the new parts being so readily available...I'd have upgraded it too. Oh wait, I did :)