I'm still alive

TD-4935

Well I've been away for what seems like an age doing the life thing and frankly i'm glad to be back. I've been busy relocating to a new city for my job and it's taken far too long to get back online and actaully find the time to 'hang out'. Some of you may know I was in a pretty succesful band that also took up alot of my time but now alas, as I've moved, i've also had to leave the band. I suppose getting older i had to really think about what was more important, my day job or the music. I never thought i'd pick the day job but hey, thats what's been paying for the costumes. I was also given the role of GML for the UKGarrison, that alone takes up most of my online time but since I dont have to juggle work, band, and clearance i can devote some more time to my sandy brothers.

It's great to see this place is still buzzing, with loads of new people and input.

My first riveting read after logging in was the radio thread. truly awesome.

Right, better go catch up with the latest.

Welcome back Simon.

I have been thinking about, where you disappear to.

I´m happy, to see you back on the board.

I will soon get a new job, and turn dad in may.

So maybe i will fade out a bit around there too, but not much.

Good to see you back.

Cheers mate :)

Simon!!!

you old rascal you!!! :D

Good to see you back in the land of the living.

Hope all is going well in the new home and you're settling in OK.

Good to see you back on the boards mate. :)

PS

Hopefully I should have a raaaa-verrrrr nice sandie for you to approve pretty soon

please be gentle Sir :D

cheers guys, although the time has flown past for me it wasnt until I got back online and looked in on all the forums i usually frequent that i realised how much time I'd spent away.

Everything has settled down nicely, the only down side to my new situation is the lack of man-cave/workshop space. I have all my tools, paints, glues, junk and everything else that comes with armour building (and we all know how much stuff we acrue over time) in boxes in my now very cramped office/spare/box room. Total downer to be honest.

Mike, not being in a band is freaking me out. I've been actively playing music literally non stop since I was 16, thats over 20 years of playing if not every day (which it was, for the most part.) then at least twice a week. I havent touched my drums for three months and I'm starting to feel a bit aggressive :lol:

How did you make the transition or do you still play regularly?

...How did you make the transition or do you still play regularly?

It happened over a few years. By 2004 I started to loose interest just when the band was doing big things. I was at a crossroads and while the "band thing" was alluring, I felt more compelled to follow the path of my usual work routine and with this hobby as the creative outlet. You see, I think most musicians are creative people who could stand to explore other facets of their creativity, and at that time, I was starting to get seriously into this hobby. By late 2005, I really didn't play at all. Then, when I moved in with my girlfriend in early 2007 and had a real Man Cave/Workspace, I was all but done with music.

I still have all my gear and listen to the type of music I played but that's just one part of my creative side... one that I explored to the furthest extent for almost 15 years.