Posable Mannequins

Scooter

Does anyone know of a tutorial on making your own posable display mannequin? I'd love to get one to best display my armour and I've seen them before but they usually become really expansive once you add shipping on such an item to Australia. If any one knows how to make them or where you can get them relatively cheaply It would be much appreciated.

Got to be honest I was very suprised how cheap manequins are. I see some on Ebay for £45 not bendable ones though, which I think is very good. The seller was in Germany so maybe shipping wouldnt be too bad worth a look B)

this is a very easy way to build a mannequin:

Posted Image

and then bulk it up to the specs you need:

Posted Image

you can add poseable hands too:

Posted Image

but i think it´s way easier to modify a existing mannequin into a trooper-like pose:

Posted Image

i really hope this helps!

this is a very easy way to build a mannequin:

Posted Image

and then bulk it up to the specs you need:

Posted Image

you can add poseable hands too:

Posted Image

but i think it´s way easier to modify a existing mannequin into a trooper-like pose:

Posted Image

i really hope this helps!

Cooooooooooooooooooooool................................ B)

yeah, at least the real modified mannequin looks awesome. i just love the custom made baseplate!

i don´t remember who did this but i think it was John aka "Stormtrooper"...

cheers to you, john!

(let me know, if you want me to pull down this picture)

Does anyone have a link on how to make the base? It was John who made it. So, if your reading this mate, let us know how you did it again please :D

i just reread John´s thread at the RPF:

KLICK HERE

or if you don´t want to read the complete thread here the short version:

ORIGINAL POST FROM John aka "Stormtrooper" at the RPF:

I cut about 3" out of each arm where the mannequin's elbows were.... I used wire coathangers for the flexible elbows... didn't unravel them... just pulled them out into a long rectangle and jammed one end up the hollow biceps, and the other end down the hollow forearms, so basically there's a double length holding each arm together. I then laid some glassfibre matt (saturated with glassfibre resin) between the inside wall of the arms and the wire, and also over the top of the wire, so it sealed it tight against the wall of the arms. Then when it had set I filled the elbow 'void' with bubble wrap and foam, finished off with some duct-tape to hold it all together and give it a natural shape.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pics at this stage, as I was getting 'near the end' and was too impatiennt to take time out for photographs! :P

As for the feet... I noticed early on that the mannequin didn't lean foward on it's toes when standing on the base (with the steel support through the heel of it's right foot) so I decided to amputate the toes altogether!

So the feet are really just 3/4 feet which I then made 2-part with the blocks of wood inside and the screws etc. etc. Hasn't affected it's stability at all, and makes it less stressfull putting on, and taking off the boots.

;)

once again, thanks to John!