My hamburger stacker/siphon so far. What do you think?

iconoclasta_88

Since it is quiet difficult to find any vintage tupperware hamburger stackers and cistern siphon in Mexico, I decided to make one from PVC and other material...

So, I started with 2 PVC pipes: 1" and 2" wide; one 100mm PVC pipe and one cistern mmm thing (sorry, dont know the name but check out the picture).

So far it is not exactly accurate but it was my first attempt. I know Im am light years from a finished screen accurate Backpack, but.. this is a start.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im planning of using rubber bands or something similar to simulate the different pieces that make the main body.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think? Any help is welcome...

Saludos

I'm planning to use L-shaped rubber for 'burger stackers' sidelines on mine :)

Do you know a mix of white epoxy with some sort of other pastel? Easy to form as we please,and hard as a rock when its done...oh and strong at bonding things too,safe to applied on plastic,but tricky at mixing it,should be at precise equal amount for both. The white epoxy pastel as the glue and other pastel(dunno the name) works for hardened it. It usualy sold together as one package,I'll post pics of mine later :)

I heard silicone works like a charm too,but not sure if it does.

Goodluck bro

:PPosted Image

im sorry for my commonnes pic :P

add more diameter and/or reduce the height,you'll know what i meant :mellow:

I know what you mean and it looks like you are right.

Since I dont have a hamburger stacker, I tried and get the measurements from pictures and all... So, so far my guess is something like this...

4.8in X 3.4in (I guess)

So, taking in consideration that the widest pvc pipe that I could find was 100mm (3.9in) I guess I will make it 70mm (2.8in).

Here is where I took the proportion of the stacker from.

Posted Image

Of course, If any of you guys could actually measure up your real stackers and post the measurements it will help me a lot.

Thanks a lot...

Saludos.

I was not able to work much on this project during the weekend, but anyway I did have some progress.

I modified the mushroom cap using a hair dryer to heat it and bend it. And using super strong rubber bands and hot glue I simulated the different layers of the hamburger stacker...

And I also trimmed a bit the main stacker body to make it shorter and more similar to the original one.

What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saludos...

That's a WHOPPER DELUXE bro :duim: ! Awesome job ! @ Pappy..i got some parts for ya backpack if ya like ! Our bro justus gave these first to me but as i will have the MH/SB backpack kit via my big bro Rolf i can offer you these parts !! Just talked about that with Justus bro B) !!

Grtz RAY

Thanks for all your comments... It is really encouraging!

Hope to work a bit more on it and will soon post some more pictures...

Dude that thing rocks! Is the mushroom cap part of that ball-float? The ones I have are pretty small. The burger stacker effect looks sweet!

Yep bro, it is part of the ball-float. But it is not for a regula home cistern or wc, but for a bigger cistern. In mexico this size is number 7 (going from 1 to 9 I think). I found it at the Home Depot for around 2 USD. It is around 12 cm in diameter or so.

Anyway here is a picture...

Posted Image

SALUDOS...

• 1 month later...

Perfect Brother!!!! :lol: spotted on!!!

Now tell me the process!! :P

Btw the pipe is too high a bit,but the float is,once again spotted ON!!! :duim:

Yes, I will have to cut a couple of inches from the top of the pipe. And I know I shouldn't had paint it yet, but oh well... just wanted to see how it looked in black. Still working on this part, slowly.

Thanks for the comments.

The process: is in this thread. HEHE. :) Ill check it again to see if I missed something.

Saludos...

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work on both versions! Good job tapering the left tube as well. That can be tricky to get looking right.

Adding the threaded pipe at the bottom left tube helps make it even more authentic, since that is where you would attach the lock nut when mounting it in the toilet.

Great job!

Charlie

Thanks for all your comments. It is really encouraging to hear so cool response! THX a lot!

So, next I satarted working on my backpack... Some parts supplied by Crashman (Thx bro), seedtrays supplied by Mr Bojangles (Thx a lot too), and pretty much the rest of it I made it myself (although it does not appear here yet)...

Still have way there, but this is how it is going so far.

Any comments are welcome!

This is the pack so far... I know the metal nubs are not screen accurate but I liked them a lot.

Posted Image

And this is with a couple of compartments opened...

Posted Image

Saludos...