weathering attempt. Am I on track?

Jango 5204

Thanks guys. I'm still working on the other pieces. Using the paints suggested in the weathering tutorial and also some hairspray and powder similar to Fullers Earth that I found at hobbytown. I also finished a steel box for the my hyperfirm MG34. Still pluggin away, but it's back to work tommorrow. I also made the knee plate and removed all the Tk parts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's called MIG Productions. Pigments for modeling. I've never used Fullers Earth, so I have nothing to compare it to. This was readily available and I am incredibly impatient, to the point I paid more for a lot less product. If I had patience I would order the real stuff. Luckily I was able to find the exact paints. Back to research on the backpack...........................

A little update. I spent a few hours gettting the sniper plate made and attached. I also got some weathering done. Might be a little heavy in some places. On the helmet, I havent had a chance to remove and paint the gray parts yet. It's on my to-do list. Suggestions still welcomed and encouraged.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have an update. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I got this field pack from slavefive. I separated the radio box and put the radioshack amp with i-pod shuffle playing the random radio traffic loop that was posted here at MEPD. I drilled the holes and covered the inside with grill cloth. I love it, it the coolest. Bountyone and I will have this playing at Wondercon. Waiting on my T-track to arrive to finish the DLT conversion a and I'm rerady for pics and deployment request. These ammo pouches will have to do for now. They are black, but the flash makes them look lighter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image