Hello everyone!

Commander Najera

Hi guys I am new to all of this. I live in northern CA. and no one up here likes Star Wars. I am looking for armor. Sandtroopers are my favorite of course. I like the weathered look. that is part of the reason that I like the new clones. So if you guys guys can point me in the right direction it would be great

We can't name armor sources on the boards, the best thing we can tell you is ebay and RESERCH, RESERCH, RESERCH. There are several different types of armor out there and it's up to you to go with what armor you like the best. Welcome!

BTW I spent about a year checking out different armor before buying mine.

Yeah, the 501st will help, but Im not eligable to be a member yet (Don't have a costume), and when I contacted my garrison, after the 2nd email, they asked if I belonged to the 501st (I already told them I wasent member) they stopped trying to help me.... I think it seems to be ALOT easier/funner to look and research on the forums.

I had the same experiance with the Golden Gate Garrison, not the best of people when it comes to helping out and are not to welcoming of incomeing troopers. When I am doing I will be a part of the GGG for a little while untill I leave the craphole state of California for good in December.

Just hit my banner ad. All the info you'll ever need.

Welcome Commander Najera,

This is the world of the "sandtrooper". For questions, assistance and advice you've come to the right place. TD-1536's website is awesome indeed! I've visited numerous times. I'm awaiting delivery of my last set of TE armor and no doubt I will refer to his website for assistance.

If you are interested in purchasing a set of armor please PM me for a possible source. Welcome again to the best **** job and the best **** website in the galaxy!

Guns

Posted Image

Just hit my banner ad. All the info you'll ever need.

How is your speaker mod comming out? The speakers I am using are a little bit bigger so I have set the aeraots into the helmet just a little for the same effect and then I will cap them later on. I also tested the rustolem paint and, wow does it look good! I almost don't want to get dirty now, almost.

take a look,

[link=img339.imageshack.us/img339/5596/10011695ai.jpg]Close up[/link]

Thanks for all of the info I have tried to get help from the 501st but nothing they don't help out if your not a member. and from what I can tell you can't be a member unless you have armor. What's up with that?

Wow! Must be the area you`re in. :( 501st in Tampa Florida gave me ALOT of help before I got finished with my armor. Most members will help new people out, but armor purchasing is a "secret", some are reluctant in giving that info up.Glad some people here helped you out. Good luck!!

Thanks for all of the info I have tried to get help from the 501st but nothing they don't help out if your not a member. and from what I can tell you can't be a member unless you have armor. What's up with that?

What area to live in? The only possible reason I can think of for a "cold-shoulder" would be if you weren't old enough to join the 501st.

However, I'm certain that there's scores of SW fans (young & old) out there who have armor or costumes and don't belong to any particular organization.

I remember first starting out in my quest to become a "sandie" the gang here were more than thrilled to give assistance & advice. Don't get discouraged!

Guns

I live in big IL....where there are very few members, enspecialy in the South part where I am, and yes I am to young to be in the 501st, but still, Im planning on being a member, and I dont think they should just say shove it and move on, we are the future ya know. If anyone could help me find some FX armor help a brotha out.

What area to live in? The only possible reason I can think of for a "cold-shoulder" would be if you weren't old enough to join the 501st.

However, I'm certain that there's scores of SW fans (young & old) out there who have armor or costumes and don't belong to any particular organization.

I remember first starting out in my quest to become a "sandie" the gang here were more than thrilled to give assistance & advice. Don't get discouraged!

Guns

I live a couple of hours north of Sacramento in a town called Redding. There might be fans up but they don't show it.

I live a couple of hours north of Sacramento in a town called Redding. There might be fans up but they don't show it.

Yeah, you might be hard-pressed to find folks up in Redding. I know there a quite a few troopers in the Sacramento area. I'm not sure if thats the Golden Gate Garrison or the Central California Garrison. Hopefully someone there will help you out. You could also try the Southern California Garrison.