Td 6926

Here are some shots.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This last one is of me and my squad harassing the local citizens in Mos Eisley. Whenever we are super suspicious of anyone and they tell us they aren't up to anything bad, we let them go.

Posted Image

Hairball

Looking good there!!

Little suggestion..replace the shoulder straps with canvas ones and maybe sew some liners in the black part of the pauldron..and you're the man ;)

My thoughts exactly, just wasnt sure on the Pauldron if I was seeing it correctly.

My thoughts exactly, just wasnt sure on the Pauldron if I was seeing it correctly.

You saw it right trooper1.. ;)

But we are here to help eachother out, to get the best out of our armor B)

Good eye on the Pauldron details guys, we kinda take those things for granted.

Also, The MG-34 needs the t-track rails and ammo box. Also, cover the black lines in the gray helmet traps. Sandtroopers don't have those.

Other than that, excellent job!!

Ok,

I need to replace the shoulder straps. This would actually be helpful. It will make the chest armor easier to put on and take off. I won't have to worry about weakening the ABS.

Could someone be more specific about the pauldron? Maybe post a picture? I'm not totally sure what you mean.

What are "T Track Rails?"

I'll paint out those trap stripes on the helmet with grey paint.

Hmmm ... I'll see if I can dig up an ammo box someplace.

Thanks,

Hairball

i REALLY like your weathering job, can you go into a little detail about how you did it please

Ok,

It is pretty simple. Firstly, I decided that I would use a sand color because TD 6926 is a Sandtrooper.

Then I decided that proper dirt does not cover an item the same from top to bottom. A person walking in the desert has dirtier feet and legs, their chest and head are relatively clean.

Dirt accumulates in recesses and crevases, I gave these areas a bit more paint. Edges and exposed areas are relatively clean, so I rub the paint almost completely off these areas.

I picked an acrylic sand colored paint because acrylic is water soluble and I can erase mistakes and "edit" the shades in various areas. I diluted the paint in a mixture of 4/5 water and 1/5 paint.

Then I painted it on a smallish section of the item I'm painting. You don't want to paint an area that is too large because it will dry before you can "smudge" the color.

Then I "smudge" the color by patting it with a dry rag. You can also "smear" the color by rubbing it over the armor.

This is a pretty good YouTube video that shows the basic technique:

I'll work on the rest of the stuff.

Hairball

Here you go Hairball..

The T-tracks are the cooling fin like parts that are placed on the barrel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And when you look close at the pauldrons in ANH you can see that there are stitched lines in the black area running from the outside towards the neck.

:td:

Thanks very much guys.

I'm working on it right now.

The green lenses I use are not UV protective. Do you guys know of any that are? I don't want to screw up my eyesight.

Hairball

Thanks very much guys.

I'm working on it right now.

The green lenses I use are not UV protective. Do you guys know of any that are? I don't want to screw up my eyesight.

Hairball

Hey, This is easy but takes a little work.

You can go to a welding shop, or on line, and purchase a #3,(I think) cutting/grinding, replacement shield for a full face head piece. You then trace, make larger, and cut out the lenses you need from the face shield.

Takes a little practice, but works great? Hot glue then works to install the lenses.

I have made quite a few sets of these, and they are UV protective, and very durable.

Jay

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have another quick question before I'm done.

Are the stripes on the "teardrops" painted out the same as the ones at the top/back of the helmet?

A few unrelated questions:

Are there any restrictions on what I carry inside my backpack? I wanted to put a bunch of batteries in it to power my helmet fans.

Would anyone raise a fuss if I put a solar panel on the top box of my backpack? It would be a nice power source for my helmet fan. As far as I know there are no screenshots of the top of a backpack to confirm or refute the presence of a solar panel.

One other thing: How come I can't post an avatar? The file I want to use is the proper size.

Hairball

I have another quick question before I'm done.

Are the stripes on the "teardrops" painted out the same as the ones at the top/back of the helmet?

A few unrelated questions:

Are there any restrictions on what I carry inside my backpack? I wanted to put a bunch of batteries in it to power my helmet fans.

Would anyone raise a fuss if I put a solar panel on the top box of my backpack? It would be a nice power source for my helmet fan. As far as I know there are no screenshots of the top of a backpack to confirm or refute the presence of a solar panel.

One other thing: How come I can't post an avatar? The file I want to use is the proper size.

Hairball

ahem..here we go..

1. TD's don't have stripes in the teardrops or in the backside of the helmet.

2. IMHO I don't think that there are any restrictions on what you have inside your pack..you're the one walking around with it B)

3. When you look carefully at the top of a backpack you will see that there are no panels whatsoever. It isn't canon but it can add an extra edge to the pack. I know there are troops with led lights and a radar mounted in their packs..

And the avatar part is strange, I used a bigger file and it downsized it automatically to the right dimensions.

Good luck Hairball!! :)