Fbj Starting To Turn Sandy

firebladejedi

Ok ive been collecting some parts and other stuff to turn my fx into a sandtrooper but this is my first real step into the dirty world...

I got a new helmet at the weekend from a friendly trooper here in the uk which he kindly finished all the hand painting part but left it clean for me to play with.

I used acrylic paints, dabbing it on with a sponge and then used crumpled paper to soften the effect and repeated several times but i didnt like the effect i was getting. So i washed it off and kept re-applying it and rubbing it off and so on.

Then this afternoon i gave it a going over with some artist oil pastel's and am a bit more happy with the effect of ground in dirt rather than obvious sponge marks.

What do you think, any and all tips and hints are welcomed..

This was the starting point

Posted Image

Turned into this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks guys i think i will open the eyes out a little more :blink:

I think i will wait until i start weathering my body armour before i do any more work on the helmet, si that i can try to get the same look if you know what i mean.

Im going for the less is more look and the pics wash out the all over grubby look my helmet has...