New T-21 Lewis gun / Cushman build

Hey all,

first of all I want to thank Exavier, and white commando for there ideas, and assistance in this build.

I am a first time Cushman builder, and first of all had my doubts. But after getting this thing together and adding all the paint and greeblies, I do believe it is pretty cool. Especially for the weight and price.

I have attached a few pics, and then extended this thread to show what I did to add the plasma light that Exavier had the excellent idea of doing.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Ok, first of all the halves were put tother, and glued with Poly-weld. The best glue I have ever worked with.

Then the process of sanding and filling the seams and cracks. (used plastic welder and dremel sander) I did then go ahead and add some foam to the stock portion of the gun to take away the hollow sound and for support. I then cut out the needed places, and like in the trigger, used plastic welder to fill in then smoothed with dremel.

I made the sites from a sheet of ABS I had, then glued on.

Ordered the slings from the post here, and then ordered the plasma gadget.

Now the plasma gadget I did a little different as seen in the pics.

I first of all purchased some thin wall PVC 2.5" drain pipe, white.

I cut the length I needed to fit into the end tube of the gun. I then cut the pipe end ways.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I squeezed the pipe piece together to get the exact dimension of the inside of the gun tip, marked it, then cut it again length ways. (After the cut the two sides should fit together) I then rough fit into the tube again.

Posted ImagePosted Image

After making sure the pipe fits into the gun tube, I warmed with a heat gun to flex pipe back to the shape of round, and where the sides nearly butt up to each other.

I then glued with plastic welder, carefully.

After drying, I test fit again before proceeding. (I now paint the inside of the pipe with Gloss black paint)

I then used a piece of flat ABS and first of all cut a round circle to the OD size of the gun pipe that the tip fits onto. Centered, cut out to fit over the square portion of the light controls,(Be sure light is centered on the plastic circle. After centering and checking fit, glued with plastic welder, the circle, to the backside of the light.

I then glued the plastic made tube to the front of the lens with plastic welder. (very thin amount as to not get much on the glass.

Thats it,

Now slide the light and tube into the tip, turn on, and mount with screws to the main gun pipe.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Oh and yes I still have the little greeblies to put on the stock, just forgot them before taking pics.

Jay

Oh forgot,

The center cap looking thing, is a WD-40 lid, and the Wire on the side with the brass nuts, is a plastic whistle holder, like goes on a teachers wrist, with the whistle...

Jay

I used 2 16oz pop caps, cut down to fit the stock.

Great job man!

Great details I love what you did to the plasma mod.

The plasma disk looks super sweet in and outdoors

I too love the fact that the Cushman weights next to nothing yet looks like it could weigh 15lbs. And when finished they look like they cost allot more they what you pay for.

Do you have pictures of the stock with the bottle caps? I am curious

Hey pics on the bottle caps, not yet, should have some up by Monday if not sooner.

Will advise how I cut them down as well, using a dremel drum sander.

Thanks for the Plasma idea again, it really does make an eye catcher.

Cool can't wait to see.....

The funny thing is that when I 1st saw yours it was like 5am and work had kept me up for the last 12hours so your BFG made me do a double take at mine

LOL

**** yours looks like it just walked off the set.

Posted Image

Ok, here is the pics of the stock.

What I used was a aquafina water bottle cap for the top and a Coke 16oz pop cap for the bottom.

I used different ones because I had to cut more from the coke cap than the water cap.

To get the cap to not sit so angled on the bottom I grooved it more toward the back and less at the front.

Then the top was slightly grooved on front and back. I then used stainlesse sheet metal screws to attach, and then weathered.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Very nice! We just did a parade today and guess which weapon we sandy's bickered over who would carry? Yup, the Cushman Lewis. It's super light and can be pimped out really well, as your example shows.

Great job!

Hey the metal piece at the stock end for the sling, is actually a sling mount for a real gun. Purchased from Walmart here. Uncle Mikes brand quick detachable Super swivel 1", and screw mount.

They come in a set of two.

I have an extra set if you need them.

PM me for details if you are interested.