T-tracks for scratch built DLT-19 Barrel

I will appreciate some helpful information so that I can make my scratch build DLT-19 done according to this popular DLT-19 / MG-34 Tutorial to be as realistic as possible.

What is the LENGHT (in terms of inches) and QUANTITIES of T-tracks that I need to procure? This info is not provided in the Tutorial, which only talks about drilling holes onto the PVC pipes to make the barrel. I certainly need to enhance the appearance of the barrel of my DLT-19.

For everybody's info it is absolutely ILLEGAL to bring in accurate fan made DLT-19 replicas into Malaysia due to our stringent gun laws. This prohibits even the import of non firing correct scaled weapon replicas of any kind. Hence the only way for me to acquire my BFG is to scratch build it and make it resemble to the movie prop as close as possible.

Thank you.

Im not sure of the exact measurements but once you find those out. I can supply you with T track you need.

You're the one making the stuff in extruded ABS, right? If so, yeah this would be a good option. I don't have my MG near me at the moment to measure.

Im not sure of the exact measurements but once you find those out. I can supply you with T track you need.

Hi Chris a.k.a. "Smitty" thanks for your T-track offer and I've seen what you're offering here at MEPD and at FISD. However, I've already made an arrangement to get it from a good friend of mine, perhaps you may know him as SaberFreak from The RPF with his familiar avatar : Posted Image

and his familiar tag line

Posted Image

I bought 6.5 feet of the T-track from www.blast-tech.com, where you buy it by the foot, then cut the individual tracks for each barrel.

Mike thanks for providing the T-track quantities in your response. After further reading a few related DLT-19 threads, one which brought me to BLASTECH DLT-19 HEAVY BLASTER RIFLE that was wonderfully documented by braksbuddy and provided this important template :

Posted Image

and pictures of the Forward Fins on DLT-19 Barrel

Posted Image

and pictures of the Rear Fins on DLT-19 Barrel

Posted Image

I noticed that there altogether 6 strips of T-tracks on the barrel. Do you require T-tracks to be affixed to the DLT-19 barrel according to this Visual Guide, to qualify for MEPD Deployment?

I know the guy you are talking about vaguely. I havent got an account at the RPF so I rarely venture there. They only allow forum registration once every blue moon. I need to be on the ball the next time registration opens.

Oh well sorry i couldnt be of any help.

Was the DLT-19 the BFG that was seen carried by the storm trooper searching the "abandoned" Millinium Falcon docked on the Deathstar in ANH? If it wasnt the DLT-19, which one was it?

Smitty

• 2 months later...

Yes, the DLT-19 is carried by the guy in the Falcon.

I got some t-rack in from Smitty (Thanks! ) and I found that the measurements for the MG34 should be:

Front: 5-1/32" (5" allows a little play, 5-1/16" won't quite fit)

Rear: 7-1/4"

Does that jibe with what everyone else is using?

• 4 weeks later...

Oh - and yes the DLT-19 conversion is required for new deployed officers. Existing ones are encourage to upgrade.

Thanks for confirming this Paul. :) I've already gotten my T-Tracks where l'll need to trim them slightly before fitting my PVC barrel. Got a bit sidetracked from my Sandtrooper project in view of local trooping events (our first DROID HUNT and upcoming CLONE WARS movie) and incoming new 501st members. ;)

• 1 month later...

My T-tracks is a pcv stripes glueing in a t-form elements... but I search better method .

The T-tracks that I've acquired is made out of sturdy ABS Plastic, and I'll post a picture later. It is made in red-brown color.