Attn 501st: Stepping away from the DL nomination

SethB6025

You may have already been notified via email, but I have declined my nomination for DL of the MEPD. When I first took the post two years ago, I had made a promise to myself to not wear out my welcome, or become complacent. I had given myself a two year guideline. After a lot of indecision I have chosen to stick with it. There is a lot of talent pooled within the Legion, and a board can always benefit from a change in perspective.

At first I accepted the nomination assuming that no one else wanted it. While I didn't want to become "tired" of the role, I also wanted to make sure the MEPD was in good hands. The well-being of the group has been a priority for me from very early on. Long before I wore the DL hat, I used to post up random things during slow times to get people posting (in the first days of the PHP board that started after the Yahoogroup there were times that a few days went by with zero posts!).

After seeing that Mike was serious about running, I decided that there is no reason I should continue on. Its pointless to run against someone that you planned on voting for. I will be frank and say that I was hoping that he would become DL eventually. I didn't just choose him for my XO because he is a good friend, it was also because I see him as someone who is a respected person, and a competent leader.

I would like to thank everyone here for making this board what it is. It is my "home" and so it will remain. I feel privileged to have been DL for the past two years, and am happy to see the right person stepping into the shoes.

Congratulations Mike, may the binary suns shine upon you!

This is sad to hear but I know Mike will continue what we have ALL build with great success. Seth you were the DL when I first thought about this whole costuming thing and the MEPD was the first place I stopped. And it could've been the last only because it was so welcoming here. EVERYONE from the DL on down was super helpful. Now change is hard but inevitable. Seth you were not only a DL or fellow sandy but also a person that I could call a friend on the other side of the states. Thanks for your service in this board and the 501st. Long live the Empire! "Move along, move along....."

Seth, thank you so much for your service to the detachment as DL. I hate to see you go, but I also think you are leaving the MEPD in great hands.

I shouldn't even say 'leaving' really... since there better be no leaving

It's also very cool to see a MEPD leadership transition that is so cordial, and polite.

I'd also like to be the first to say, that I for one welcome our new TD1536 overlord.

Your leadership and guidance was always appreciated. I enjoyed the encouragement, patience, and expertise you extended to others - and your humor as well; its certainly helped this det become a tough act to follow and a role model for all.

Carry on!

Seth's annual April Fool's joke came early this year.

All kidding aside, Seth thank you for your leadership and willingness to help me out with any questions I have had in the past. I am sure Mike will carry forward, and keep us going in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Seth - you set the example I wanted to follow for what a DL should be when I created FISD. I understand your reasons for stepping aside, and am thankful for all the support and guidance you have given myself and others during your tenure.

You've done a man's job, sir.

That was an eloquent posting, and one that speaks from your heart. Your leadership for this group has been rock-solid, and with Mike coming along to fill the role, I know we will be in good hands.

Thank you for your service to the Empire, and the troops of the MEPD.

WWwhhhat Seth.

But i understand you all the way, its nice whit a time off.

And some fresh "air".

Maybe more fun to you self, and m´not so much office time.

When i join mepd, i have a AP suit, and some replica pouches etc zzz.

MEPD have help me in many ways, and i have more them a hand full of friends in here from all over the world.

I have pm Seth many times, and he has all ways reply me quick.

What all the answers, and kind words.

Every time i have a question, he reply not only whit great knowledge.

But also whit ref sites, i think he must have a hiding reporter in you .

Once again a BIG!!! thanks for your time Mr. Seth, you are a great guy all the way.

I only got good thinks to say about you .

Mike is also one of my favorite boys.

I write whit you on mail, before i join MEPD.

He help me out whit trooper knowledge too, and made me join MEPD.

As you can see in Danish.

But i have been in NYC two times, and i might go there again soon.

Seth say, if you do.

Please say so, then i come (great spirit ).

My wife and have been thinking of a US tour, Mike say.

If you guys can stay in my place (once again, a true trooper ).

Once again, respect to Seth and Mike for there work and time in here to make this brotherhood of sandy´s for all of us.

And a big to you Mike, my friend.

I know you are the man, for the job.

Best regards from here bro´s.

Rolf

Hello everyone, Thanks for giving Seth a well respected send-off and a warm welcome to me (not like I haven't already been here), but my duties and service are now very paramount as far as the MEPD is concerned. I'll be working on a laundry list of things to achieve over the 2008 calendar year as well as my command and admin staff. If anyone has any questions, I'm always open for business.

I'll be looking for a new XO. Anyone want the job?

The King is Dead... Long Live The King

Seth, thanks for your leadership over the last couple of years.

Mike, good luck in the new position...

Good luck in your quest for an XO, there are many worthy members here...

Congrats Mike! Will be interesting to see what holds in store. Mmmmm... Mike H. and TGuns - pretty nifty leadership team

DEFINATLY!

congrats Mike, you deserve it to take the leadership after all the time and efford you put into this hobby and this forum!

Seth, I have to say that it's exactly the attitude you demonstrate in your message that makes you a leader here, whether you are in office or not. You will always be a leader here. Now if we could just get more leaders like you in real world politics, we'd be set.

Congratulations, Mike!