Gun Case for Transporting MG34

For those who own a Hyperfirm MG34, a real MG34, or maybe even an older Cushman MG34 that doesn't come apart (assuming it's the same size as the other guns), check out this gun case I bought in a store for only $10.

As you can see, the Hyperfirm fits like a glove:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a Plano single scoped rifle case #1511-01.

http://www.planomolding.com/content/ind ... &partid=22

It's not super duper uber heavy duty. I don't know if I'd put it in a plane's cargo hold (if they even allow that), but it's fantastic for normal travel. It weighs almost nothing.

Some retailers: http://www.planomolding.com/content/ind ... groupid=10

Owners of real MG34s would have to remove the charging handle to get the gun in the case, but there's plenty of room in the case for it.

I tropoped with it for the firs ttime yesterday and at some point one of the latches did come off. Not broken, they can just come off when they are unlatched if you pull on them hard enough.

No big deal. I pushed it back on. I might not have put it on tight before.

But the case has holes at both ends and two near the handle that go all the way through the two halves. I assume they are for inserting padlocks through. You could run zip ties through them to keep it shut while shipping.

For $10-$12, it is what it is - a really lightweight plastic case that's just the right size for this particular gun.

I tropoped with it for the firs ttime yesterday and at some point one of the latches did come off. Not broken, they can just come off when they are unlatched if you pull on them hard enough.

No big deal. I pushed it back on. I might not have put it on tight before.

But the case has holes at both ends and two near the handle that go all the way through the two halves. I assume they are for inserting padlocks through. You could run zip ties through them to keep it shut while shipping.

For $10-$12, it is what it is - a really lightweight plastic case that's just the right size for this particular gun.

John were did you get yours? The links don't work and I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I got mine at a Mills Fleet Farm, which is not a nationwide chain, but kind of regional.

There is a list of retilaers here on this page:

http://www.planomolding.com/content/ind ... groupid=10

The links don't work from that page, as you said, but you can google the names of the stores. There are some nationwide chains listed there.

• 1 month later...