My (nearly) finished TE2. Its OFFICIALY my favorite

TD-4935

Well folks, i thought i'd try and emulate the look of the Brian R helmet to a certain degree as it wasnt all that beaten up looking, just a few chips and a bit of grime ( the reason being our GML has a penchant for uber clean TK's and i would hate to not be able to troop in it)

It was immensly hard deciding what colour to use for the HDPE coat as all reference showed distinctly different shades, some more beige looking and some a darker green so in the end i settled for a mid green colour.

Using latex masking fluid i copied the Brian R chips but kind of held back a little and left a few of the bigger chips out.

Then came the "appliance white" coat. Getting this on was a real joy as i set out to be really clumsy and really didnt care if i got runs or not. ironically i didnt get any. if anything it was a little light in areas.

All detail was hand painted using humbrol and the two pence piece trick worked like a dream for the tube stripes (with the help of my good friend Capt Morgan Rum )

finally i sanded Keith's mic tips a wee bit to make em look a bit old and gave the helmet a rub down with some newspaper to add grime.

Still need a bit of work i think, plus lenses and padding but here we are,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

need to adjust the back bit a little here. luckily it isnt riveted yet

Posted Image

photos are a bit poo but you get the idea.

Big thanks to T-Guns for the best lid in town

**** good looking! Dont touch it! You did great!

Show us how you did the two pense thing with the tube stripes. I have my TE2. I think I am going to do that as well. Except I dont have two pense. Uh, what size is that roughly???

**** good looking! Dont touch it! You did great!

Show us how you did the two pense thing with the tube stripes. I have my TE2. I think I am going to do that as well. Except I dont have two pense. Uh, what size is that roughly???

essentially you could use a button or coin that aproximates the curve of the tube stripe. i just lightly penciled lines using the two pence as a stencil for the curve. getting the spacing right was the hard part but if you have a lid with decals you could measure the spacing and put little marks down first (darn it, wish i'd thought of that a week ago ) and then use the button or coin and with a steady hand and some patience get painting.

Excellent job Simon..looks fantastic

I am working on a Dave M. replica helmet at the moment. Been trimming it today and will give it a base coat of HDPE beige-grey as soon as the weather picks up. It'll have all the paint chips as the original, with the big pieces of paint missing too.

Great job mate, and I like the idea of rubbing with news paper to add a bit of grime

great helmet and a very good paintjob, bro!

i hope mine comes out as nice as yours!

@TM

i will go for the DaveM. helmet look also, at least for the paint chips...

IMO the DaveM. helmet is the best ANH helmet out there...

(still waiting for some additional pictures to show up of the actual Davin Felth helmet)