What do you think... Pictures.

Rolf

Hallo bro´s.

I´m done whit my anh sandtrooper suit.

But maby i think i got the weathering a bit too yellow/sand colour.

What do you think.

I got the weathering item from www.temiya.com

I youse the colours on it like... Sand, light sand and mud.

The sand colour is a bit yellow, the light sand i good too but a bit green in it.

The same about the mud, is a good dark brown but a bit green in it too.

But looks right.

I have buy a set more of colours.

I got soot aka black, and rust/ a brown brown chocolate colour.

What do you think...

I have clean the suit down now, and ready to go once again on it whit the weathering here.

I have made a test, where i youse a great deal more of the mud and soot.

If you look at the sand troopers in the anh, the weathering look a lot to me like black.

I dont think i will do it just black, but i will try to get the yellow a bit out and do the suit a bit darker in the weathereing.

So... please fire away troops .

Peace out.

Rolf

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

{SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif

nice weathering

but you should try to make some grey/black weathered areas and some dusty fragments into the corners

Copy that, i got the white vs. black here in the weathering item .

I am real glad you have decided to re do your fantastic suit.its easy for others to sit back and pull apart troopers work,but its for the artist to decide whats right and wrong and you are right lol.

Dirt and weathering are a build up of layers,parts of the armour that are hard to clean get darker with age and gather more and more.So the recesses have got to be the darkest colour and heaviest. the area such as chest and top of legs lighter but pron to scratches.i have found that using part of the helmet neck trim rubber makes great scatch marks and lines,it rubs of easy and being rubber does not harm your suit.just use a corner of the rubber and swip it across the high points its great.

Anyway glad to hear your reworking the beloved TM and for one cant wait to see how it turns out.

I am real glad you have decided to re do your fantastic suit.its easy for others to sit back and pull apart troopers work,but its for the artist to decide whats right and wrong and you are right lol.

Dirt and weathering are a build up of layers,parts of the armour that are hard to clean get darker with age and gather more and more.So the recesses have got to be the darkest colour and heaviest. the area such as chest and top of legs lighter but pron to scratches.i have found that using part of the helmet neck trim rubber makes great scatch marks and lines,it rubs of easy and being rubber does not harm your suit.just use a corner of the rubber and swip it across the high points its great.

Anyway glad to hear your reworking the beloved TM and for one cant wait to see how it turns out.

Thanks for your kind words, and time mate.

I really value it .

I will start work on the weathering in the end of this week .

AAAAAaaaallll right here i´m once again.

I have been working on this weathering, to make it even more screen accurate.

Last time it might been a little to sand/yellow, to make it more like the anh troops i have yoused the darker colours more.

Like dark brown, and soot/black.

I have not so many white aeras whit details in it this time, because it looks to me that they look more smooth all over dirty in anh.

Well boys what do you think.

Cheers.

Rolf

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Beautiful armor, beautiful. You guys are simply amazing.

Man, I gotta work on mine...

T

Thanks Tony, makes my happy you like it .

Here is a before and after shot, so you dont have to go up and down in the post to see .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your suit looks great, Rolf. Wow, weathering is such a personal issue. Everyone has their own take on it and there are several different looks in ANH.

My two cents: I sorta think the best weathering is a balance of your two looks. It probably looks different in person, but in your pics it looks too evenly distibuted. If you took what you have now and wiped some of the grey off the high points then judiciously added some of the sandier look in bold strokes I think you'd be 100% there.

Personally, I feel like I need to incorporate a little more of the grey/black into my own armor next time I do some weathering.

Beautiful armor, beautiful. You guys are simply amazing.

Man, I gotta work on mine...

T

Thanks Tony, makes my happy you like it .

Here is a before and after shot, so you dont have to go up and down in the post to see .

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like it, I LIKE IT!!!

T

Thanks bro.

I´m not 100% sure if this is it, the weathering can all way be done over and over again.

But like a painting, you have to stop some where to get it right.

I think the new look, looks more like the anh ones.

And like it will have looked, if it has been into battle.

Whit the dust/dirt of the colours, insted of the white aeras details come off.

The white aeras looks very cool too, and give some good details.

But in a way they dont look as real, as the dust over all look.

(on the new look here i also got the weathering details, just more under the dust/soot).

To me there are two looks, the soldier/trooper there just came from a patrol/battel.

And the soldier there have been there, but have try to clean he´s armor here and there.

And just get out there again.

Like freakengine says right, its up to the person how he will do it.

What history the suit will tell etc.

OHH trooper,You have out done yourself on this mark2.Look how the armour has come to life,its almost 4 dimensional if thats posible and thats just looking at photos in front of your now famous wall.

The guys are right in saying weathering is such a personal thing,and yourself in saying when do you stop.Well i for one think now is a good time to put down the pallet knife ,stand back and enjoy what you have created .A beautiful set of armour enhanced by the time and effort of your hand and eye.

I think reading back i like it lol.

Thanks bro´s, i´m very happy for your kind replys on "him".

I dont have many suits, only one tk/td.

I´m only into the anh troops, and the td is my number one.

And a childhood dream, so i wanna do him as good as i can.

I´m just happy, that i got the items for it now.

A BIG!!! thanks to:

TM.

MH/SB.

Slave 1.

For making this possible .

• 2 weeks later...

Some will call me crazy.

But i have buy a woodland item from the US.

To check out if it is better, then my Temiya weathering stuff here in DK to work whit.

My first try:

Posted Image

Second try:

Posted Image

Now i will try the third time, whit the woodland item.

I like to make it as good as i can here, no overlooks

Here you see the Temiya.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here the Woodland.

Posted Image

Do you have eny good info how to do it 100%.

I know the http://www.looksirdroids.com/

Its the best site ive seen for it.

Do you have eny ideas, how to do it.

Colours you like best etc.

New pictures up asap brothers

Cheers.

Rolf

Hæ hæ me again.

I have made a few parts whit the woodland, and its much better to work whit then the Temiya item.

But some of the colours in the woodland seems too red and yeallow etc, to me.

So i mix them up, and made my own colours out of them.

Well here they are.

Posted Image

Posted Image