chin strap

teabo

I have used a "back of head" strap to hold my bucket in place for head movement, and the mounting procedure would work for a chinstrap, if you rotate the orientation of the mount.

I used a plastic cable-mounting point (found in Lowe's or Radio Shack near cable/connectors, etc). They are used to for securing cables with zip ties fed through them.

I glued it down with a D-ring attached. Then the velcro-adjustable strap (also Lowe's) can be fed through and secured.

I hope this helps.

Here's a picture:

Posted Image

"haberdashery".... imagine my "Yank" eyes going wide when my Aussie brother-in-law asked me which haberdashery I got my dress suit at... LOL!! I had no CLUE what that meant, good thing my wife translates for me from time to time!!

I've never used one but I think I might try it on my next helmet.

yeah, i actually also think there is absolutly no need for a chin strap, exspecially if it is done like the screenused ones, but after all it´s even more screenaccurate to have one!

(****,what´s next... imagine it would be revealed that all original actors had only 4 toes on each feet, would we all get rid of our toes too?????? )

i think if you've padded your helmet sufficiently i.e, top, back and sides and its a snug fit then you shouldnt need the chin strap. if you've used the leaf shaped foam as per the movie used helmets then the strap stops the lid wobbling about as this foam insert just makes the lid sit higher on the head but offers no real "grip" if you know what i mean.

I use foam air-conditioner gasketing tape that has an adhesive side that sticks really well to the inside of the bucket, and is pretty soft and supple on the side that contacts the skin on my forehead. It feels like wearing a bicycle helmet and stays put like a helmet should!

Before, when I was still a n00b... can you say, "wobly-bobly"? :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now... very confortable and quite steady! I ran two strips on either side of the crown of my head so the bucket wouldn't ride so high, yet still gets cushioned. I also put a double layer at the back (base of my skull) this adds additional stability to the bucket:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did my Republic Commando bucket in similar fashion, but ran the strip on the top of the crown of my head becasue I needed this bucket to ride higher.

Here's a shot of the inside of my Republic Commando bucket:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 month later...