Check this out...Its apparently real says Gary Kurtz

TD-4510

That's awesome!! It's a real big shame that they went ahead and reconditioned it, the whole time I was thinking this can't be real cause the decals are ANH and not ESB I guess I know why now.

Well It'll be iteresting to see more pics (some hopefully before the restoration) and see if we can get a screen ID.

Thanks for sharing TK4510

Yeah, looks real bad doesnt it. I wish he would have just left it alone. Whats weird is that the desription says that there was styrene used, but we know that isnt true. Right?

The ears are the worst I have ever seen.

Why restore it to an ANH look when it had an ESB paint job for them to work with?

You're telling me that all the decals fell off, and they couldn't tell the frown was black?

May be a clever fake.

But thats just my intial reaction. I've seen way too many good fakes.

Everyone remember the "Original Alec Guiness Obi-Wan cloak"?

yeah.....

It's real.

It' s just that it has been very poorly reconditioned and re-fitted with inaccurate replica ears, lens, mic tips, etc..

I don't understand how when someone with an original trooper helmet goes looking for someone to do restoration work, (there's been at least 2 now) that they manage to get the totally wrong people for the job and end up with an abomination like this.

Yeah, and I was giving the former co-producer and part time director of Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back some credit,..........but this looks kinda,.....well...... like a recasted hunk o' crap. Even if its real and restored it is the absolute worst restoration they could have done on it. I would think that they would leave it ESB too. ah, its gotta be a fake, dont you think? This guy Kurtz is selling alot of stuff on profilesinhistory.com, a Hollywood auction house.

I suspect it's real. I got to examine some of the items Gary Kurtz was auctioning off when they were on display at comic con a couple of years ago, including several lightsabers and an E-11. Fortunately they weren't "restored".

Posted Image

Wow, did you read the line about Ainsworth? Did'nt they throw the book at that guy. Interesting that his name comes up on this auction.

Paul

td-0600

It would be silly to not mention AA, seeing as he was the guy who pulled all of the original helmets. LFL busted him recently for not having a merchandising license to sell their intellectual property.

All I have to say is: what an ugly baby...

Posted Image

All of the Scott Joiner/Kurtz stuff is real. I bought a script off him in the past. Wasn't anywhere near the price these things are going for.

In all fairness, it could have been in pieces before it was 'restored'. We're assuming it just had chipped paint, etc. Granted, I would think repainting it would devalue it as well.

In all fairness, it could have been in pieces before it was 'restored'. We're assuming it just had chipped paint, etc. Granted, I would think repainting it would devalue it as well.

I'd prefer that it was in peices... I want to know who did the restoration job. There's an abundance of people who are talented enough to have done it ten times better. They could have even gotten a pair of ears from TE or TE2 that would look better than what they've got on it. Oh well.