Comfort Factor?

Jodo_Kast

I have looked at a lot of trooping pictures with TK's and TD's and everyone looks pretty comfy in there. I know that I'll never have the flexibility and comfort of my Mandalorian gear but I'm willing to accept a lot as long as it isn't a constand drag. My clone trooper armor looked nice but I felt like the tin man. Just plain uncomfortable.

Basic question: how do you find your movement in the TD armor?

Comfortable? I dont say we are ever COMFY, we are USED to it though! There is ALWAYS something that is poking, prodding, scratching, etc some part of your body. A for instance, I was in a parade a couple months ago, in armor I have modified to fit me PERFECTLY, and have trooped in for many a year (my beloved TD gear!).

At the end of the parade, I found that my left calf armor had gotten twisted somehow and had literally cut me on the top of my calf. The cut was 3 inches long and was about 1/4" deep. OUCH! You learn to deal with it and love every owie you get!

So what you do is watch how we "sway". It is called the stormtrooper shuffle! We do NOT walk like "normal" peeps! You kind of do a Reggae bop with a Heavy Metal music "bang Your head" flow. Just keep at it! One day you will just start swaggering like everyone else! Then when you got a pack and a BFG, then you KNOW you are the king of the mountain and you REALLY swagger! You do the "I live in the sand and eat SandPeople children and small adults for dinner" walk!

You can trim it to fit like an old pair of jeans. I can site, get down on all fours and do push ups, heck i've even fallen forward for a few film shots..

Of all my costumes, nothing fits better for me than my TD!

• 1 month later...

That's cool. You guys that can sit down and go up stairs easily, are your legs thin? I mean, I'm a construction guy and my legs are rather muscular from all the years of work. I haven't shimmed my thigh armor because they fit fine....except if I want to sit or something. Anyone have this trouble? I'm not big and buff, but some pieces fit tighter than others.

Hehe, yea but lets see them get back up unassisted. They might be able to but I bet I would split a stich because it would be hilarious to watch.

Yeah, it was hilarious Chris. I couldn't even attempt to get up on my own. Had to be lifted up by my cameraman.

Yeah, it was hilarious Chris. I couldn't even attempt to get up on my own. Had to be lifted up by my cameraman.

Thats to funny. But I gotta say that is a great picture. As far as the beer in the next post you just know any trooper worth his salt would have figured out a way to enjoy a cool one. I can just imagine a straw snaking out from beneath the helmet...lol.

Actually, that's what I plan to do with my 'CamelPak' when I get my armor. Wear it under the back plate, and snake the straw up through the neck wrap so I don't dehydrate myself so much. I'll probably try to integrate a hydration system into the backpack when I get that far.