USA supplier for neck trim! (Comparison Photo Added)

wannab

I just got some in and it works great!

http://www.weberspump.com/acatalog/Rubber_Gaskets.html

Item: WINDOW & AD GLASS RUBBER #RG102

I had to clean it up -- it came with some sort of powder all over it, so I just wiped it down with paint thinner and it looks primo!

I also ordered some of the sealsdirect stuff 149 and 150 (should be here soon) and I will post comaprison pics then.

Cool. I am glad someone actually bought some finally. When I asked them for a sample back in July 2006, they told me I would hve to buy some. I didnt want to risk it.

Now we dont have to pay $40.00 for 3 meters!! YAY!!

I agree with TM, it looks fat. If you don't cut that upper lip off, it'll be hard to conform to the shape of the helmet (if it's like sealsdirect). Heck, I cut the lip off of the sealsdirect stuff and still had trouble with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright so what're you boys sayin' about this new trim? Close but not quite? I agree with Paul that this stuff is a bit too think and round, and I'd like to get as close as possible to the real trim for my helmet. If it's out only option I'll snag the Webers stuff...too bad Sealsdirect had to blow it just before I start a helmet.

The Trim wannabe found on the left and S.D on the right

Posted Image

IMO it's great stuff easy to get your head in and out of compared to sealsD

6 feet cost like 12 bucks and dose about 2 or 3 helmets. my only problem with the stuff is cleaning the white powder off the seal

• 5 months later...

So what's the general consensus???

Is the new Weber rubber molding better than S/D? I'll need to order more neck trim next year and I've been using the S/D product without any problems what so ever.

By-the-way, does anyone here know a U.S. supplier for the brow trim? (Thought I'd ask, I have order that stuff too... )

T

• 1 year later...

Oh you have GOT to be kidding me! I had a little downtime at work today and was digging through the older threads and stumbled across this one. I've been trying and trying to get some of this neck trim and was so happy when I found this thread. The link to the weberspump.com site was up and it opened fine at work. I came home expecting to order what I need and the site won't open except to an aircraft magazine site? It went down from the time it took me to get home from work???? AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! I had even PM'd troopermaster over on FISD yesterday to see if he had any he'd be willing to ship to the US but no luck there either. I guess it isn't meant for me to have a nice neck trim! LOL...just my luck.

Anybody got any of this stuff they're willing to part with?