Flying with your armor

Vadersblade

Alrighty, Celebration 4 is coming up fast. I have everything ready to go, except my tickets for the flight. I went to book them, and thought, "How in the heck do I get all my armor on the plane?" I have the full TD armor, backpack, and an MG-34. I was thinking of getting a 30 gallon Sterilite wheeled tote for the armor and bucket, but what do you guys use for your gun and pack? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

I'd use caution with sterilite containers. They tend to crack very easily. Heavy duty rubbermaid containers are much better if you can find them.

As far as flying with it, the general concensus seems to be that shipping the gear to your hotel with confirmation and insurance is the way to go.

Alrighty, Celebration 4 is coming up fast. I have everything ready to go, except my tickets for the flight. I went to book them, and thought, "How in the heck do I get all my armor on the plane?" I have the full TD armor, backpack, and an MG-34. I was thinking of getting a 30 gallon Sterilite wheeled tote for the armor and bucket, but what do you guys use for your gun and pack? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

I'll be using a hard plastic travel case for golf clubs for my hyper-firm MG-34/DLT-19 as one of my checked luggage.

I'll be mailing my TE TD armor to my brother in North Hollywood. I'm ordering a budget backpack from J.Ross and plan on him shipping it to my brother's address as well.

Hopefully, the armor and backpack will be there when I get there. When CIV is over, I'll mail the armor and backpack to Hawaii. I hope to sell the hyper-firm MG-34/DLT-19 while I'm in Los Angeles.

T

LOL, I was honestly considering wearing it on the plane. Just wasn't sure how security would look at me. I would hate to have to USPS all this out there, between fears of it getting damaged, lost, plus the cost of round trip mail (I spent $50 getting just the armor shipped off of ebay, dont wanna think about adding the pack in too). Maybe I can find a kind soul who is driving and has some spare luggage room....

Please note there are weight and size restictions on the luggage. And different airports do not have the smae "strick-ness". When I went to the Rose parade I put all my armor and some clothes in an anvil box. when I left BWI (Baltimore) the girl put the heavy tag on the box and aske dif I wouldn't mind setting it on the conveyer. When I left california, they said it was over 70 lbs and it would cost me an extra $80!!. Also, I was told between 50 and 70 lbs it would have been $45. In the future I will break them up between 2 boxes. I have also read an article that you might be paying for all bags in the future, reguardless of weight.

For what it's worth, when I flew my armor to Vegas a few years ago for the Burger King thing, I tightly packed my armor in a Apple computer box, which tends to be of a heavier weight of cardboard. No problems at all.

Because I only needed two days worth of clothing, I carried my helmet in my overnight bag.

If I was going to C4, I would absolutely box and ship everything UPS to my hotel.