Lightly sanded...

Sabretooth_aw

I prefer the "less is more" approach too. It's always hard to see the more subtle bits in a pic, but it looks good. If anything, I'd add a bit of a darker color like burnt umber, but not much. You'll find that a three-tone weathering, using a base color, a darker shade, and a lighter tone, will help all three colors achieve a dimensionality you can't get with just a single color, or even two colors. You can still stay relatively light with the overall look.

Looks good, the clone on the left of the picture looks like his shin is falling off. Great sandy suit

oh.. that's a kid in an oversized clone armour... bad casting and mod...

...either that or he is inventing a new form of Bell Bottom clonetrooper calf armor. The kid should've stuck to being a Biker Scout...

Looks good, the clone on the left of the picture looks like his shin is falling off. Great sandy suit

oh.. that's a kid in an oversized clone armour... bad casting and mod...

...either that or he is inventing a new form of Bell Bottom clonetrooper calf armor. The kid should've stuck to being a Biker Scout...

hmmm.. he was one before....

• 4 weeks later...

You'll find that a three-tone weathering, using a base color, a darker shade, and a lighter tone, will help all three colors achieve a dimensionality you can't get with just a single color, or even two colors.

I just want to add that I have recently discovered that it is really a four-tone weathering (or six if you include the fullers). It's easy to take white for granted, but the base white tone is as critical to the overall look as the weathering top-layers.

• 1 month later...

That clone in the middle is my old armor and helmet!! What a trip!!!! How'd it get all the way to Singapore?!! Looks better on a taller person.

Those are TD-1536 shoulder bells and hand guards on there, just so he knows