AP pros and cons

godzilla

My only complaint is that both the arms are the same (I don't like how the left gauntlet feels on the right arm), and the inner right leg is the same as the outer left leg.

I also don't like how you have to trim the back of the thigh pieces to fit correctly. The extra plastic is fine for folks with bigger legs, but if your legs are thin enough, you'll have to trim for correct fit.

You'll also need to replace the faucet aerators with better ones.

Other than all of that, I think it's a very nice kit. Nicely formed pieces, consistent quality and the ABS plastic is great for long-term trooping.

Not much I can say that hasn't been covered. If you're dropping the coin I'd go for the TM. A few inaccuracies that are inherent in the GF/AP lineage aren't present in the TM, and the parts are very sturdy. I have several of his parts incorporated in my TE suit, and I'd like to get a whole suit to do a stormtrooper at some point.

Not much I can say that hasn't been covered. If you're dropping the coin I'd go for the TM. A few inaccuracies that are inherent in the GF/AP lineage aren't present in the TM, and the parts are very sturdy. I have several of his parts incorporated in my TE suit, and I'd like to get a whole suit to do a stormtrooper at some point.

What's a "Stormtrooper"?

Has anyone actually done a side by side comparison of Paul's armor compared to any of the sets of armor that came from the RotJ molds? I would really like to know how it stacks up side by side. People will always have their preferences, but I think direct comparisons, when possible, are always best.

Also can't wait to see this SethB6025 it'll make some great shots

Mike had some nice shots of TM/TE right forearm and TM/TE right bicep. Once I get my TM suit one of the things I want to do is get together a TM/TE/AP/RT and get some side by side shots of geared up troopers and their armor parts.

I got AP here.

I also gonna go TM.

When i have it here, i can post pictures of AP vs. TM.

GINO, TE, GF, AP is "about" the same armor (i think), Different plastic/vacum job/generation ex.

GINO, TE, GF, AP is "about" the same armor (i think)...

Uh-oh. This might start another whole arguement in itself.

He would be correct, though. They are all derived from the same molds... just changed, modified, degraded over time.

Has anyone actually done a side by side comparison of Paul's armor compared to any of the sets of armor that came from the RotJ molds? I would really like to know how it stacks up side by side. People will always have their preferences, but I think direct comparisons, when possible, are always best.

I took a bunch of pictures in this thread. Enjoy!

http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2267

He would be correct, though. They are all derived from the same molds... just changed, modified, degraded over time.

Thanks Mike

I've got a suit of TM's armor and helmet on the way. When I get it I can post some comparison pics of it next to my AP suit. I'll also try to post some comparisons of me wearing both to show the differences in how the two fit, if any.

To go along with what Mike said, I ended up cutting about 3 inches out of the back of the thigh pieces of my AP and they still don't fit right. I probably need to take a heat gun to the thighs and cut some more out of the back. I haven't really noticed a difference in the feel of the forearms, but one of the shins (don't remember which off the top of my head) likes to twist around after a bit of walking because of the fact that the inside of the right is the same as the outside of the left.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Mike

Mike / 252:

I didn't mean to sound like I was questioning the lineage, just that some people (okay, one actually) might get offended by being grouped in with the other three.

Thanks Mike

Mike / 252:

I didn't mean to sound like I was questioning the lineage, just that some people (okay, one actually) might get offended by being grouped in with the other three.

I know, no sweat mate.

I just happy people know what i mean by "all most the same armor/moulds".

All the best from here my friend