Armor Photo Comparison Project (not helmet)

wannab

Has anyone done a piece by piece photo comparison of ANH armors yet? If not I'd like to do one over the next week or two (or however long it takes to get appropriate pics).

At this point helmets aren't important (I'll save that one for later).

I need more pics of the following armor. You can send them to me ( denalidesign (at) hotmail.com ) or post a link, or post the pics themselves on this thread.

TM

AP

Gino

TE

TE2

Any I'm missing (but not FX)

My goal is to take the chest pounding out of the debate and just let the pics speak.

Thanks.

Doug

Good luck.

yeap.

Aside from an FX and a TM kit, all the ones you listed are derived from the same molds... just different generations, owners, etc. The only glaring differences are the left bicep and right forearm from a TE suit, both of which supposedly came from a tour suit... a claim I can't confirm, but honestly think if that's the case, those parts are radically different from anything seen on screen.

TE and TE2 are the same thing. Same molds, different owner.

TM is a fan sculpt and an amazing one at that.

I recall Paul making a comment a while ago about how he thought the arms of the TE were too small (referencing the left one, which is also the right one on a AP kit), citing that multiple generations have caused the mold to shrink.

Comparing it to his, you can clearly see a massive size difference. Now, I have thin arms so I had to pad it in order to keep it on, but is it too big... is the TE too small? Regardless, the shape of the TM is dead-on.

Perhaps Paul could shed some light on how he came to the measurements of the arms, because it's my understanding no arms from ANH survive to this day.

Perhaps Paul could shed some light on how he came to the measurements of the arms, because it's my understanding no arms from ANH survive to this day.

Many,many hours of photoshop overlaying

Basically all my measurements were taken from Johns' ROTJ armour and then I added extra length to allow for plastic shrinkage and the recasting from the ANH/ESB suit.There is not really much difference (I don't think) in the size of some ROTJ parts compared to ANH but obviously some ROTJ was modified to fit the actor's better.What I do then is take pics of my armour and overlay it ONLY on ANH armour in photoshop and see where they differ.It might sound easy but believe me,it takes a very long time especially when some things don't add up and I'm cutting up pics and sticking them on my armour then fading in and out and arrrgh! It's hard work but well worth it

I am on a new computer now so I don't have any pics right now to share but anyone who has feel free to post them for comparison.

-Paul.

i would like to see some pics of the new german MFX armor

the auction text at ebay is to hard to believe

but it looks like there are many changes to older armors

not sure if i can post the auction number

but i think some of you have seen it already 250077118409

Thanks Mike! Thats very helpful!

Just to clarify I want to do a comparison not just to each other but also against screen caps from ANH as well.

I wanted to try to do this not to start anything but to help some of the newer folks out (like myself). It seems it's like pulling teeth to get accurate and unbiased info. So if there were a single spot to go for a good comparison folks could make their own minds without having to wade through a bunch of, well you know.

BTW, may armor plans are a TE2 for display and a TM (once the flex material happens) for wearing.

Doug

Hey Mike,could you post some pictures of you in your armor so we can see how Pauls parts match with TE armor.I was thinking of ordering Pauls parts but was not sure how they would match/look with TE armor.

Check here...

http://web.mac.com/mikeharrison/iWeb/photo...ibrary%202.html

not the best pics for comparison, but I'm wearing both of Paul's biceps and his right arm. The left arm is still TE as well as everything else.

I have thin arms so I had to pad it in order to keep it on

Just as side note, my armour doesn't have the ROTJ joining strips moulded into them just like the original ANH so it can be trimmed down to fit thinner arms and don't need to be assembled as they come.A little custom trimming and fine tuning will have them fitting you perfectly unlike the ROTJ copies which are bascially one size due to the moulded strips

I have thin arms so I had to pad it in order to keep it on

Just as side note, my armour doesn't have the ROTJ joining strips moulded into them just like the original ANH so it can be trimmed down to fit thinner arms and don't need to be assembled as they come.A little custom trimming and fine tuning will have them fitting you perfectly unlike the ROTJ copies which are bascially one size due to the moulded strips

In hindsight, I guess I could've done that. I know that on my current Clone armor arms (that join in the same way), if you trim them too much, they won't join up too well, because you're in essence cutting the plastic smaller than the mold... if that makes sense.

But at any rate, if I get another set of arms for my clean TK, I'll trim them down some more.