urgent armour advice please!

TD-4935

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while ago, I purchased a GF which I painted with Krylon Fusion (river rock and gloss white) and added Keith's hovi-mix...great idea from TD-1536 BTW...

I recently purchased an AP kit and started on the helmet. I took a pic to show how mine looks blue as well. I purhcased my kit about 2 months ago. I plan on painting it up but I'm not sure about the armor. I'm going dirty so I don't think it will matter too much and most troopers have said that the helmets were a different color than the armor so (hopefully) no worries!

Posted Image

Harry

Another question - have been advised not to spray armour for fear of the paint chipping or cracking. But if I stick out a mile next to the other creamy white TKs then I won't have a choice.

Any other TKs out there sprayed their armour, if so was it OK or are you having nightmares with the finish and chipping?

Once i also own two GF armors.

Today i only got two AP´s.

I REALLY like the "more round" top helmet piece better on the AP then on the GF. And the sharper vacum job as well.

And yeah i dont think you gonna see the white/blue colour in a bad way when you got the weathering job done.

All the best from here, and NICE helmet Harry.

You should just get a green welding mask or some acetate. Its much cheaper and you get a few sets out of it.

Where did you get yours? I have searched everywhere locally and I cant find anything. Online they are cheap but shipping costs more than the welding mask does.