E-11 to use across characters

dcx13

What's the general consensus on using  an E-11 of one era to fulfill the blaster requirement for a few different costumes? I've got a Shore, a TIE & Non-saga Officer in addition to my ANH TD, and currently building my E-11 primarily for the ST. I'm not looking at more than basic approval for my TD at the moment, so I'm hoping that something as simple as removing the flashlight will be enough to make it "visually appropriate" for the ANH era character. I'm completely aware of the nuances & differences in the various E-11, but I'm also trying to keep my overall expenses to a minimum right now, so if I can have one blaster to rule them all... 

Any input, thoughts, horribly bad ideas, it's all appreciated. Thanks!

Good morning,

Unfortunately I have to dash your hopes.
The CRL specifies that only an ANH-E11 (better yet, the Bapty variant) is accepted for the classic ANH-TD.
You want to represent an ANH-TD, so the individual costumes should not be mixed

Regards, Thomas

• 4 weeks later...

For approval you need to match the crl, though bear in mind a blaster is not even required for approval.

For trooping, I would speak to your GML.  If it is a canon troop you usually have to troop as if you'd just stepped off the set.  But for a non Canon troop (which in my garrison is 99% of them) your CO / GML has more discretion.