New Sound setup

Ok - Here is what I now have for my sound system (putting it into the backpack real soon)

Really small, very good sound (w/ bass boost in the player), and the speakers ROCK! a single AAA battery in the player last between 6-8 hours of play..

Player:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=M3-DA6&cat=MP3

Speakers:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=P-1021-BLK&cat=SPK

right now I have looping Imperial March (ESB), Emperor's Theme (Jedi), Emperor's Throne Room (Jedi), and Duel of the Fates (TPM)..... I am searching for some good trooper WAV or MP3's to mix in... but since it had 250MB flash built in and an SD slot for it's 512MB card...I have a lot of room to play with..

That's pretty cool and lightweight! I currently have my MP3 player running through my Radio shack voice amp on my belt. I have the Imperial march looped so when Vader arrives he's brought in in grand fashion. I also use it for my Tusken raider for the Tusken battle cry and other various grunts and growls.

HAHAHAHAHA... OMG I built a custom sound system/field pack for an evening parade we did in June, that had EL wiring that flashed to the beat of the music, a 100 watt amplifier that drove a couple 6" woofers and 2" tweeters, and I ran the wiring between my armor plates and undersuit to the "pack of gum" sized MP3 player I kept in my right hand so I could manipulate and shuffle the music, it was all powered by a small lawn tractor battery concealed in the lower box, it worked GREAT and it was LOUD... the whole thing weighed 35lbs. and I wore it for about 4 hours straight and marched about 4 miles with it.

Here's a few shots of me wearing it whilst chillin' out with muh Bruddah Rob (aka I lovesand & dirt) before the parade started.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm there in the aproximate center of that crowd, but the pack nudges forth to make itself known!

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...