TD 8733 Screen Pack

TD 8733

Not bad at all!

Looks like one of the radio face plates from Gino if I'm not mistaken?

EDIT: I think it's from the MDK kit.

I'd also trim that extra lip off the hamburger stackers.

The top for the bellows is a 3" pvc cap. I cut it short to fit down into the stackers perfect. I used a chopsaw for this (Kinda risky). I then used a belt sander to remove the writing on the top. The entire pack has been rubberized

except for the mortar tube. The blue parts are Master Modelers Medium Blue painted over the rubber. The pack frame is a 70's girl scout frame. The radio is from MDK (thanks!) The boxes are from Seth. The box is a Tupperware Meatkeeper with Permacel Pro Gaffers tape. Alvin Ice Tube for the Mortar with the caps belt sanded down to get rid of the ridges. The filter is a pool filter from Walmart ( Mike's favorite place) I cut it down to size and reattached it with black silicone. The cylinders are hamster or rabbit water bottels from Walmart they unscrew from the pack and the mortar tube comes off via zip ties for travel. Alot of the research and mounting ideas came from Mike.

...The filter is a pool filter from Walmart ( Mike's favorite place) I cut it down to size and reattached it with black silicone. The cylinders are hamster or rabbit water bottels from Walmart...

ahahahh...everytime I go there I buy all the Devcon they have, just to avoid future trips. Hamster water bottles, great idea!!!

They worked well because they have no writing or logo on them at all. Just add a standard white cap like you find on rubbing alcohol or peroxide, glue that to your desert cup and presto you can unscrew them.

Hamster water bottles? Man...I never even considered that. And here I have a full bottle of Metamucil that I was, because I'm not one to waste things, going to start drinking. Glad I can forgo that and just....uh...keep it around, lol. Looks like I'll be heading to Walmart this weekend.

speaking of bottles, the 'Wet Ones' I found at Target for roughly $2.00 seem to work just fine. I primed, wet sanded, primed, wet sanded, painted blue, wet sanded, and one final coat of blue. I'm sure once all the weathering and hairspray is added, it should hold up fairly well. We'll see.

TD 8733 I hate you...

Mike I hate you...

Seth I hate you too!

... Jar Jar... I also hate you!!!

hahahaha now my backpack looks like cr*p! you have donne an amazing work! thx so much for your efforts, with this awesome improvements we as a detachment set the path to follow

now I have to reestart and do again my backpack