Albin's gift at Shoreleave 06

TD-1536

At Shoreleave this year (Sci-fi con held in Baltimore MD), Seth and I presented 501st founder, Albin Johnson, with a few new toys.

First up, was a new Sandtrooper helmet, made by Tony Guns, flown from Hawaii to Seth in PA. Seth painted the authetic paint chips and white top coat. It was then handed to me for finishing, painting the details and weathering.

Seth also made up an engraved name plate for the custom helmet stand, and an engraved beer mug with his name and TK number.

Here's some pics I took of the helmet before leaving the house....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's some pictures taken by Phil Moy...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

beautyful helmet! you did some awesome work on it, the weathering looks superb and the the top coat and paint chips look dead on!

i don´t need to tell everyone that the TE2 helmet is too!

albin has to be very proud and honoured of this helmet!

That was truly awesome! Beautiful finishing job by Mike! If anyone has video to digital conversion available I have a VHS copy I could send so we can have the video posted up.

Yeah that helmet was just sweet lookin. ****, all four of the buckets sitting on the table were great looking too, lol. But that was definitely a nice lookin bucket indeed. He looked really happy with the gift. Glad I was there to be part of the festivities. Was also cool meeting you, Seth.

Did the video turn out okay? Not too much camera shaking, I hope. Also, sorry about a couple of the jump/skipping shots. Mostly though I was a little concerned about the sound. I wasn't sure if the mic picked up Albin's voice.

The video was great, and thankfully it did pick up us talking, and only minimal talk about soccer. Great work!

oooops! my fault. i ruin everything!!! hopefully there is nothing too vulgar on there. I get really excited about soccer!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...