shoulder straps - what to use?

chuckrick

That part of the strap is actually plastic, and part of the chestplate. As far as I know, Gino armor is the only one to replicate this feature. These straps, like the stromtrooper straps, don't actually rest on your shoulders. The real straps are facric, and inside.

That part of the strap is actually plastic, and part of the chestplate. As far as I know, Gino armor is the only one to replicate this feature. These straps, like the stromtrooper straps, don't actually rest on your shoulders. The real straps are facric, and inside.

Posted Image

Above is a Gino set of armor,the chest and back do meet up as said above. I used white elastic to hold these parts under the armour.

Tony

I'm actually right in the middle of building my first set of armor (I tried it on for the first time last night), and I decided to make canvas straps. Turns out, this was a mistake, as my shoulder bell straps visibly pull on the fabric. I'm going to remove the canvas ones this weekend and go with leather.

I decided to make canvas straps. Turns out, this was a mistake, as my shoulder bell straps visibly pull on the fabric.

The shoulder bell straps shouldn't be attached to the canvas straps,they're attached to the vest/neck seal (I believe).

The canvas straps are only for connecting the back plate to the chest.They're glued to the back and snap fastened to the chest.A couple of snaps run along the strap to allow for adjustment.

-Paul.

The shoulder bell straps shouldn't be attached to the canvas straps,they're attached to the vest/neck seal (I believe).

-Paul.

Hey Paul,

This is the first I have heard of the shoulder bells being attached to the neck piece. Just curious as to why you think they are attached this way.

-Paul.

Hey Paul,

This is the first I have heard of the shoulder bells being attached to the neck piece. Just curious as to why you think they are attached this way.

I have to agree with braksbuddy. I've never heard of this before either. I just chalked it up to being a relative newbie to the hobby.

BTW, I went with leather and it worked like a charm.

This is mine

Posted Image

BUT I like the leather option. Once a photo has been posted I might change them.

Ask and you shall receive.

Here are a couple of pics. I still haven't painted the rivet heads or applied dirt yet. I like the straps, as they are solid enough to rivet to, and solid enough to support my shoulder/bicep armor, but still flexible enough to be comfortable. I just bought a white belt in the women's dept., which BTW are slightly curved unlike men's belts which are straight...this makes it fit the shape even better.

The down side is that they are fairly thick, so if your'e not wearing a pauldron , they might not look as good as a thinner material. But wait...why wouldn't you be wearing a pauldron?! What was I thinking? Forget I said anything.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/ ... traps2.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/ ... traps1.jpg

I just bought a white belt in the women's dept., which BTW are slightly curved unlike men's belts which are straight...this makes it fit the shape even better.

What belt do you refer to, Thats the best one I have seen and as soon as I find the right material I am going to change it.

I just bought a white belt in the women's dept., which BTW are slightly curved unlike men's belts which are straight...this makes it fit the shape even better.

What belt do you refer to, Thats the best one I have seen and as soon as I find the right material I am going to change it.

I went to Ross, and just bought a plain $7 white belt. I think the one I bought was made by a company called Nine West, but pretty much any white belt will do if you find the right width. Whatch out for the shade of white too, but even if it is too cream colored, a little dirt'll fix that right up. I simply cut the one I got with scissors and used industrial velcro to assemble it. I think rivets would also work fine if you wanna permanently install it.

The reason I think they are attached to the vest is that when you watch ANH,the armour always seems much higher on the shoulders and the shoulder bells tuck 'under' the shoulder straps alot of the time.It just looks to me as if the shoulder bells would most likely be attched to the vest and not connected to main body sections at all.The real neck seals are nothing like what most fans wear,in fact no-one assembles their armour like real ones either.The fact is most costumers will make their suit's fit them the most comfortable way,or easiest way,so it doesn't really matter

Found it:

http://www.ninewest.com/s?namespace=cat ... 8&cid=1003

No, that's not the one. The one I got had no stitching and had a plain metal buckle. Seriously, I'd just recommend you go to the local discount clothing store and pick up the cheapest thing that looks right to you. Good luck!