Armor Showoff AP

Rolf

No, I just joined this forum since I wanted to do my very best on the TD, and I kept seeing AP referenced. Did not know anything about AP, so was trying to see what peeps thought. If they are from the same molds, then I guess my GF is just as good and I will use that for my TD.

Nice when I find out I can actually make do with what I have already for a change! WOOT!

TD863, out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GF is not as thick and sharp in is form, as the AP.

And the GF has only a hero helmet whit he´s armor kit and not so glossy abs 60 thick.

AP only got a stunt helmet version 80 thick more glossy abs plastic.

In my time ill have two GF´s and also two AP´s, and they was like this.

Ill got AP mail if you want it.

Peace out trooper.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure....But the thing will be fragile at only .060 thickness. Thats accurate thickness too.

I suppose the fragility will depend on how flexible the pvc is. If it's even a little bit brittle, it'll be prone to cracking, so you'd better keep that gaff tape handy. If it's pretty flexible, it might do just fine. I have no experience with sheet pvc, unless you're talking about pvc foam (sintra). If it's pvc foam, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot dewback prod.

PVC tends to crack, and is not very flexible, and is a royal PITA to cut. I can't imagine getting successful pulls out of it consistently. Unless it's a special variety of PVC, that is. IIRC TE tried pulling some helmets in PVC early on, and had a great deal of difficulty. Anyone here every formed with PVC sheet? I'm curious to know how it behaves, especially at that sort of thickness.

I just got an email from AP. You can now buy the armor and helmet for $450.00! The catch? Its .060 PVC

Sound cool, nice price ill will say for one of the best armors out there.

sorry, i'm newbie here and i'm lost !

AP, GF, FX armors in pvc, abs etc...... is there any post in the baord to classified these different types of armor ?

just a question 'cause i'm in a delicat moment. i would up grade my storm armor to sand. i have a FX armor (2003) and i find an AP helmet (more acurate) to replace the old FX helmet.

but i've seen AP armor set in .60 ! should i completly change the armor and buy one or just up grade mine for this price ?

Anyone here every formed with PVC sheet? I'm curious to know how it behaves, especially at that sort of thickness.

That's on my list to try Seth.I believe there are many grades available,so I'm gonna go for the most flexible.

I agree Mario,the PVC suit would make a very nice display piece,especially at that price.

-Paul.

I've been saving up for AP armor. What do you guys think about this PVC AP armor? Anyone have more info on it?

Ill have two AP abs 80 thick aromrs, but ill also thinking off maby one more TE, TM, GINO ex. And now AP in pvc for 450 dollars, swwweeettt price ill will say. Ill talk to autentic props about pvc, if you email me ill email you the pvc info back to you sandy bro.

Peace out.