Im the new guy...

ENDER

**** to all I am the new guy the rookie. I am just getting started I have no idea where to start as far as my armor goes. I am going to build a sand trooper. so please help I want to get started so I can start trooping. I live in San Luis Obispo CA and as far as all the maps go it looks like I am the only one in my area. so lets get this going.

Looks like you're practically in the Southern California Garrison territory. Hard to say since they don't seem to list all their regions in one place.

"The San Joaquin Squad represents members of the Southern California Garrison of the 501st Legion that serve in the farthest northern reaches of our Garrison territory."

I would start by reaching out to SoCal Garrison!

Otherwise, we have a "Where To Get Stuff" thread right over here: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4255

I am a member of the southern California garrison that's what led me here.... I don't mind being the only one in my area. once I get started and become a member I have friends that want to join so maybe with time there will be a little squad in my area. expand the empire. I will review all those links and if any questions pop up I will ask thank you all

so I am noticing positions or rather ranks on the 501st. is there a list of what they are and how to obtain them?

Do you have examples?

I'm a Garrison Web Liaison and Garrison Web Master for Excelsior. It's a volunteer post, and I mostly format the membership profile photos. I police our forums and make changes to our website when needed as well.

Welcome to the boards!! Hope to see a WIP thread of you building your armor soon :)

Good luck and if you run into any problems we're here to answer your questions!!

No I ment the centurion and so forth but I spent all morning reading so I get it now...

We're a bit more "straight forward" as far as that stuff goes in comparison to the FISD's centurion and stuff.

I know you've got it now... but, a quick run down is:

Level 1

Sandtrooper

Level 2

Deployed Police Officer

this means you meet certain requirements that the Legion doesn't necessarily enforce.

Level 3

SWAT

this means you take 1 specific trooper from the films and replicate him to a greater detail. This is NOT "prop forgery" and while the program has gotten pretty strict (more so than I envisioned) it's really about, "Does this really look close to what we see on screen." If you can't see it on THAT trooper it doesn't matter for that trooper even if "we know" it's on other troopers. B)

Thank you guys thank you for the break down of technology levels it makes more sense now... and gives me something to aim for

so I have some original star wars toys still in the box that I would like to sell is the for sale forum on this site the right place to do it or is it only for costuming gear? the reason I am selling it is to raise money for my armor.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Airick - Welcome aboard and we look forward to having you join our ranks soon! :td: :thumbsup:

As for your collectibles, you can definitely try our 'For Sale Forum', but your best bet is to post them on the Legion Main Site (For Sale/ Trade Section). Good luck!