How to get one

Bio66

Hi and welcome to the mepd!

Before you run straight into buying an armor it is important that you research A LOT. You COULD, if you would want, just buy yourself a "ready to wear out of the box armor" and start trooping but that kind of ruins the hobby. Building and researching the armor is the best part really.

To get started you can read everything on this forum and also on fisd (our stormtrooper detachment). Here is a link to a great starting thread on their page.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Ohh, and PLEASE stay away from ebay, shepperton design studios and jedi-robe.. Everything there would need LOTS of trimming before even being accepted in to the 501st.

Anyway welcome aboard and good luck with everything ;)

Well said Adam.

You can also get a lot of info right here on the boards as well. If you ever have questions though, feel free to ask. Just review all the threads first, since most of them will answer your questions first. Good luck, and most important. Don't get discouraged. You can do it!

Rolf, dont make me freak out,

I am still waiting for my rs helmet!!! ;)

But back to topic: i am pretty new here, too. The first thing is research, but thats pretty much what everyone tells you.

Everything depends on money and time. Follow the links and google, at first its hard to get a overview but every hour in googling is one step in the right direction!

Copy that Cornell take your time and enjoy the ride, as its a part of the hobby i think.

I have been in the Sandtrooper suit hobby for 14 years now and still searching for Sandtrooper items, suits and props.

Its a armor prop jungle out there, but also a fun one...

and you have found the mepd here, and its the best place to ask for going in the right direction.

Look sir armor... the tracks belong in these directions :thumbsup:

I have own and study full Sandtrooper suits from:

FX, GF, AP, TE2, TM, RS etc and my choice are 100% the RS armor and helmet.

But is a personal thing, and every one must go through the armor jungle out there to find the best one for them self :thumbsup:

This site is very helpful finding answers:

http://starwarshelmets.com/

LOL!

I know bro...

It did not come for free that you are the Sandtrooper armor expert, aka speedy trooper...

It is a matter of personal choice for sure.

And I know that your most important reason for choosing armor is the origin and how near it is to original armor... and no armor can beat RS in that regard... second generation cast directly from ANH Sandtrooper armor!

But for me, I love my TM armor and my RS HDPE helmet... and even RS used some TM parts to complete their kit.

There is room for everyone in this hobby for sure.

:)

Saludos.

No sweat and thanks my friend :)

As posted above Its a personal choice what to buy...

What do you need. How much money do you Got on you for this project etc.

The RS is for me a childhood Dream there came true.

A first generation cast of a real screen used ANH Star wars armor and helmet pulled in solid and sharp detail ABS.

The TM armor its a very Nice and accurate armor as well, but fan made and therefor not as movie accurate as the RS suit i Think.

But Its all up to the buyer out there.

The RS and TM are some of the more expensive armors out there.

If you want a cheaper and still accurate suit, you could go for the TE line age suit:

TE, TE2, Cap, Cap-W, ATA etc out of those, i guess only the Cap-W and ATA are still on the marked, and a cheaper choice then the two above.

Right now the RS are the only screen used ANH armor found, well all most...

Another one is on it way, but not sure when or to what price.

Here you go:

No matter what you buy, im sure you Will have great fun whit this hobby.

Troop on :thumbsup: