MEPD weapon proficiency patch idea?

jikawa

Was thinking the other day. With the wide variety of weapons we sandtroopers carry, wouldnt it be cool if someone made a run of patches showing the weapons we are supposedly 'proficient' in?

Example:

For T-21, have a silhouette of the T-21 blaster in the middle. Above it, have the following lines in aurabesh 'MEPD weapon proficiency'

And under the T-21 silhouette, in aurabesh 'T-21 light repeating blaster'

We can do this for the other BFGs too such as MG34, MG42.. etc..

What do you guys think?

Don't get me wrong Matt, this isn't something I'd put on the gear, but I have a small patch collection I wouldn't mind adding it to. I must actively discourage anyone from putting any patch anywhere on your armor! I still think it's a neat idea though.

I smell a beating for Seth coming round the corner.

Reason I mention it is the stupid TIE pilot kill decals and also the stormtrooper shoulder decals out there. Makes me want to beat someone and burn their armor.

Grrrrr.....

Matt/STE

Matt,

Make sure you don't hold back, tell us how you REALLY feel.

PLease dont wear it on your armor or helmet. Thats all I am thinking.

How about on the pauldron? Or you can have an informal patch pauldron and keep one for formal events.

I would like to see a TD Marksman patch, maybe with a silhouetted Jawa with his arms raised and a target on his chest.

Now that I'm done with classes I'd love to do some design work... Over the next week or so, I'll sit down and look for some reference pictures and bounce some ideas off of you guys... That is unless someone else really has their heart set on designing the patch.

Right now, after reading the ideas that everyone has had, I'm thinking that the shape should be either relatively the same shape as the MEPD patch or perhaps an oval. I'm thinking that it should be the Lewis and MG-34 crossed in the middle, and MEPD Heavy Weapons Unit in Aurabesh at the top and English at the bottom.

Let me know what you guys think and I'll get started.

I was thinking that getting individual patches for all of the three weapons, would end up being rather expensive, plus, we don't actually have a name in the Star Wars for the MG-15. I'll go ahead and make up four patches: one for the Lewis, MG-15, MG-34, and one with the Lewis and the MG-34 crossing in the middle. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions, and I'll get things going on my end.