Boots

Loki Thrasher

I was told once to stay away from them so I did. If and when TKboots gets going again that's the way to go. Or dye a pair of black one yourself! There are plenty of tutorials on how to do that. Here is the pair I'm going to use for my TD http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Shires-Leather-Jodhpur-Short-Boot-Sizes-Euro-28-46-Black-Brown-Jodphur-/390420871541?_trksid=p4069.m2059&_trkparms=aid=111000&algo=REC.CURRENT&ao=1&asc=27&meid=5890988413865075390&pid=100039&prg=1011&rk=1&sd=390420871541&

is there any American alternative boot? everyone of those I look at comes from Europe

http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-407275_BQ.html

http://www.amazon.com/Bass-Mens-Amsterdam-Ankle-Boot/dp/B003TFEVN0

both are close

not perfect matches.

absolutely they are good for 501st

The Bass ones are NOT good enough for EIB or centurion over on FISD due to the slightly squared off toe.

I don't know on the lands end

I would think the Landend would work for Highest level. But Im no expert. The only difference between them and the CRL appears to be they only have one pull strap and not two. However Some guys have told me not all the original boots had two straps. I would say the Lands end are the most acurate Ive found in the USA. If you can get them and paint and weather them they will be pretty dog gone close to whats in the movie I think. I just bought a pair myself and plan on painting them soon . I will try to post pics when I do.

Some guys have told me not all the original boots had two straps.

The original boots only have one pull tab on the back. I have owned 6 pairs of the original brand boots and they were all the same.

You might find the boots in your link are too short. I would try and find the tallest boots you can so they stay tucked inside your armour. Short boots will just come out from under your armour as soon as you walk unless you make some modifications.

The original boots only have one pull tab on the back. I have owned 6 pairs of the original brand boots and they were all the same.

You might find the boots in your link are too short. I would try and find the tallest boots you can so they stay tucked inside your armour. Short boots will just come out from under your armour as soon as you walk unless you make some modifications.

do you have a pic of what you use so they can get a better idea?

CA boots are OK for general 501st membership. But for MEPD, we would recommend TK boots. Simpily because CA boots are glossy. The boots wore by the troopers in the movies are never glossy.

Not to mention CA boots give off that funny smell even after years of wearing them.

And here is my pair of original brand boots (same as above but as yet unpainted) that I was lucky enough to find a little while back.

001_zps7a4dad9e.jpg

002_zps82ba835a.jpg

003_zps63b62e05.jpg

004_zps60714a3d.jpg

005_zps5b766cd1.jpg

006_zps40aff0a9.jpg

011_zpsaff70834.jpg

These are the style and look that you are after so try and get a match as close as possible, getting the height is great advice as the armour will ride up over the boots but as the others have said you can do a modification to overcome that. :td: