Starting an MG-15

Two guys in our group had MG15's....the first got me interested, the second pushed me over the top.

I went home to my shed last night and went rummaging in my "I could possibly use this for a SW prop someday" bin and pulled out this stuff to aid in the construction:

Posted Image

I love my "I could possibly use this for a SW prop someday" bin.

More as I begin to build. Just jawa scavenging right now.

I looked through the spare parts and will be using a water bottle from an old bike, and a soft rubber eyepiece from a Dollar Store pair of swimming goggles as the base for the rear scope.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also picked up a section of 2", 1-1/2" and 1" PVC pipes, along with 2 - 4" pipe couplers to be used for the ammo magazines. I cut a long strip of sheet aluminum to wrap around the magazines and across the top.

It was brought to my attention that screen-used MG-15s did NOT have an inner barrel (as seen here)

Posted Image

So I don't think I will be adding one to mine, unless I find the 1" barrel is too weak from cutting the vent slots without it.

Does anyone have a template for the swirls on the front of the ammo mags? If so, please direct me to it or email it to me at

ward@astromech.net

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have started!

I got the 2 inch pipe - 19" Long

Posted Image

Center sections (not pictured) is 1-1/2" pipe cut to 8" in length.

3/4" Pipe (Barrel)- 27" Long

Posted Image

2" to 1-1/2" reducer or bushing

Posted Image

1-1/2" to 3/4" reducer or bushing

Posted Image

4" Pipe Couplers for the magazines:

Posted Image

Barrel in adapter

Posted Image

Barrel attaches to 1-1/2" pipe (8 inches long) with adapter for stepping up to 2" pipe.

Posted Image

All 3 main gun body sections test-joined:

Posted Image

All sections laid out with magazines in approximate location where they will be mounted:

Posted Image

More as I have it...

Thanks! Now to get time to work on it!!

I have a charity troop on saturday for Children with Cancer and my home-time calendar is practically filled with stuff with the kids.

I try to steal time after everyone goes to sleep every now and then. A build DAY would be nice!

More as it becomes available . . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have any good pics of how the scopes mount. I know there are 3 scopes that mount to it and I want to make sure I can produce all the mounts and get everything done right. I've already invested so much into this I don't want to skimp on anything.

I do plan to sell them if they can get to a good enough state. I am still working on material and a few more molds.

Oh!,you were talking to him. My fault, sorry! Arson, try TK409. He's got a ton of screen pics of the gun and pics of the actual one used. For example:http://www.tk409.com/images/mg15_measurements.jpg

He even has a link to Braks Buddy about actual scope castings. He has everything you would need to make a screen accurate MG-15. Good luck. Keep those pics coming.