501st / FISD / MEPD questions re: activities and memberships

longboard8

No doubt I could glean this information if I read long enough, but I thought I'd come to a source. As soon as I finish my build, I'll apply for 501st. I intend to go TD and had hoped to go directly to that outfit. I am, however, wondering if one can be in both the FISD and MEPD? We'd like to do FISD activities in a few years at the Star Wars Celebration, so I want to participate there, despite having a pauldron.

So can one be deployed as a police officer with the MEPD and still do things with the FISD? In other words, do I have to have an actual TK number?

And I'm going to change my username after I get qualified, but have no desire to cause confusion until later. Maybe I'll use Doublesun or something, but I'm not generally very clever.

and Han shot first

Posted Image

The designation doesn't really matter as long as you have the supporting costume.. For example if you are TD123456 and have a Sandtrooper costume and a Clean approved Stormtrooper costume you could troop in the event calling for just Stormtroopers.

You can be registered on the MEPD and FISD but the same Costume will not be applicable for both detachments. It would be more involved than taking off the pauldron and pack.

Hope that's a more clear answer.

If you are asking can you be in 2 detachments, The MEPD and FISD with only 1 armor, example a Sandtrooper then I am afraid the answer is no.

But if you have a separate clean Stormtrooper amour then yes you can be in the FISD as well.

Basically, you need to have a specific armour in order to be an official member of that particular detachment.

And also, do take note that it will be your local Garrison's Membership Officer who will approve your armour, and not the detachment.

Additionally, the department can only award troopers with higher costuming standards (example: MEPD Police Officer, FISD's Expert Infantry) only when they have been cleared by the 501st.

Meaning to say, you cannot be deployed as a MEPD Officer without first becoming a 501st member.

hope this info helps. :)