Just cleared with UKG!

Cantina Craig

Hi all.

Currently away on a week's break with the family and the Internet connection is rubbish. Just grabbing a bit of Wi Fi whilst I can :-)

Got email through from UKG saying my Sandie has cleared first time. I am a very happy man right now. I will be applying for deployment here once I have done my induction and would like to try for Police Officer level too after hearing your guys thoughts on my armour and kit.

I would also like to change my username on here to something more Sandie related, as this is my UKG name I'm using. Already spoken to Rick about this and once I've made up my mind I'll give him a buzz on here. I have two possibilities at the moment :-)

Ok. Back to the holiday and out of the wi Fi, ha ha

Speak soon

Craig

Congrats, Craig! Like Gordon said, when you have received your TD designation, we'll get you squared away here. :td::thumbsup:

(Did you choose a number yet? Or does the UKG issue them out for you?)

I hope he can handle a bit of chapass. I got myself into a little trouble on whitearmor by making what I thought was a benign joke. Seems non-elite troops are a bit more thin skinned than the dirty.

Craigthesandie is an obvious choice, but I see he has an interest in rock and roll. There are a number of genres in rock and roll. Not sure if he is a classic rock guy or more of a hair band fan. I bet he plays a Strat.

Hi guys. All input in my Sandie namechange appreciated, ha ha!

Yep, I am a rock n roll guitarist who's played in various bands past 21 years . I'm also a plumber so I can give and take any humour thrown at me and hit it back with some, lol. I'm good for a laugh. The best 2 I've thought of so far though are Cantina Craig and Twin Sun Trooper. :-)

Thanks again for all the congrats - appreciate it.

I picked a top 5 choices for my TD number from a list - my top choice being my date of birth TD13576, so hoping I get given that one :-)

Never played a strat out of interest buddy. I've been a Les Paul, Washburn N4 and currently Ibanez Fireman kinda guy . I play all sorts of rock - classic, southern, heavy and a lot of technical instrumental type stuff like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert. I play and listen to anything that's good and has talented people playing it. I'm intending to redo my all guitar orchestrated version of The Imperial March for upload soon. I did it few years back but I've since improved my recording set up at home and want to redo it :-)

Great! I have a Les Paul myself, though i've barely picked it up in years.

my interest in rock and roll is wide and varied. If it isn't Chicago or ELO, then chances are that I like it to an extent.

And congrats on your build. I hope to not be far behind, though I don't think I'll get all my sand trooper requirements for a few months.

" CANTINA CRAIG has a nice ring to it.  BTW, I'm a Gretsch / Rickenbacker guy myself.  "

Ah, while I am at at an airport with poor internet,I seem to recall that Malcolm Young plays a Gretsch, or am I wrong?

Good stuff.Good stuff.

" CANTINA CRAIG has a nice ring to it. BTW, I'm a Gretsch / Rickenbacker guy myself. "

Ah, while I am at at an airport with poor internet,I seem to recall that Malcolm Young plays a Gretsch, or am I wrong?

Good stuff.Good stuff.

Yep, you know it! :thumbsup:

Also, Classic Rock is it! lol (Must be a 70's thing. Nice era. Ahem.) :yes: