Grammer Check for SWAT Trading Cards

Gordonator

Hey guys,

I am doing a trading card for our MEPD SWAT program. If you are a native speaker of english, I need your help to proof read the text below to check for any grammer mistakes.

"The SWAT program represents the highest costuming standards for a Sandtrooper in the Mos Eisley Police Department. Troopers who achieved this award underwent extensive research to replicate the details as seen on the Sandtroopers from the movies. The end result is each SWAT Trooper looks as though they walked out/off of the big screen."

I also need your opinion for the last sentence, "walked out of the big screen" or "walked off of the big screen"

Which one sounds better?

Gordon, might I suggest you change this sentence to "Troopers who achieve this award undergo extensive research..."

(Change achieved to achieve, and underwent to undergo)

Thanks for the out/off feedback guys.

So you guys also agree on the "Change achieved to achieve, and underwent to undergo"?

Gordon, might I suggest you change this sentence to "Troopers who achieve this award undergo extensive research..."

(Change achieved to achieve, and underwent to undergo)

Yes - I would go with achieve/undergo as per Pete's advice. Also voting for "they have walked off".

Can I also recommend you say, "to replicate the Sandtroopers in every detail as they appeared in A New Hope." ?

I note particularly that TDs were only shown in ANH so not more than one film.. unless you count the ANH SE.

:thumbsup:

Troopers who achieve this award undergo extensive research to replicate the details as seen on the Sandtroopers from Star Wars A New Hope. The end result is each SWAT Trooper looks as though theyve walked off of the big screen."

Troopers who achieve this award undergo extensive research to replicate the details as seen on the Sandtroopers from Star Wars A New Hope. The end result is each SWAT Trooper looks as though theyve walked off of the big screen."

Sounds good. Just be sure to correct "theyve" to either "they've" or "they have". I personally think "they have" sounds a bit better.

Sounds good. Just be sure to correct "theyve" to either "they've" or "they have". I personally think "they have" sounds a bit better.

Remember it is Star Wars: A New Hope, make sure you add the colon. Also, I don't think you should have of after the off... Should be just "walked off the big screen"... Any yes/no on that from anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...