• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are the newly shaped thighs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know if this is the correct shape of the peaks on the out side of each thigh. I also sanded down the insides and the cover strips to make them look more accurate. I hope my interpretation works.

If this is the correct shape I will weather them up, shorten the mortat tube (need to get new end cap because it is glues on and I cant get it off) and the suit up for new pics. Let me know if there is anything else.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement everyone.

@ Chris - VERY nice work, Brother! Looks sharp!

But yeah, just take care of the remaining mod requests and submit. Then we can move onto the final suit up and my last review.

Afterwards, you should be set for the final decision from the Senior Commanders!

:td::thumbsup:

@ Chris - Ok, for SWAT Status the radar dish assembly has to be as accurate as possible. I think that is what Rick was referring to (2 posts ago)

As each SWAT Officer gets activated, the bar gets raised higher. The MOVE ALONG Trooper is the most popular choice and with the constant reviews on this version, new details pop up. We we take notes, discuss them and then apply it to the next candidate. You are very close, though. Rick gave your gear a look and the dish size was the only thing that stood out to him. What is the diameter of your present dish?

Respect intended but why are we so strict on a disk we can bearly see yet the mortar tube and syphon are clearly in wrong position

And even weirder that I had to change the true position of mortar tube position to the position Chris has his in now before I was approved

And yet its overlooked for swat?

Not trying to make more work for you Chris just questioning swat crl

Good luck brother

here are the pics of the fixed left thigh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

(right thigh but this was not broken)

Posted Image

Keep going bud you're on the right way.

I got a question.

As far as I know the thighs should be closed on the back for the basic 501st approval.

I understand that this can be an issue for well structured guys but in case you wanna keep the thighs open on the back you should add the cover strips anyway to be screen accurate and I'd suggest you to use some Velcro to keep them closed.

Commonly used widths are 20mm for the legs but if you stray with these widths don't worry about just try to keep the proportions.

In any case you shouldn't see the "butt join" on both sides.

Could you also posting a complete pic of you from the back which shows thighs and calfs?

Thanks ^_^

Ok ya it looks like the cistern needs to be mounted differently. Your has the left tube set flush along the seed tray. The cistern should be set on an angle. Take a look at the screen cap and you'll see what I mean. Super close though Chris

Not sure what you mean by the cistern. I dont see what you are reffering to in the screen cap.

Do I need to move my mortar tube? If so where does it get attched? It is connected to the frame as it is.

Do my thighs need cover strips too?

I dont mind doing the work, I am just confused at what needs to be done and not sure how to do som of it. Thanks

@ Chris - Look at the tilt of the cistern looking at it straight on. It 'leans' to the right a bit. Re-mount at a similar angle. A subtle detail, but we are aiming for as close to screen accuracy as we can.

You are definitely VERY close to activation, Brother! Just take care of the finishing strips and the pack mods and we can start to wrap this up. This was never going to be easy, but you are getting the job done so far!

Nice work! :td:

the angle of the mortar tube shows it kicking out at the bottom but if you look at the position of AFs arm it looks like it is causing the movement. And actually this picture is a little misleading in my opinion when it comes to the cistern....in one shot it looks like the left pipe is mounted flush to the seed tray...in other images we know the top is attached to the tray and angles out at the bottom and does not touch the tray. hope that makes sense

@ Rick - I agree with you. Angles are everything when it comes to correct placement of details. The Mortar tube is flush. Previous SWAT Officers can attest to that.

Also, GREAT news on the Dish assembly! One less thing for Chris to worry about! :td::yes:

Posted Image

here is the moved/angled siphon/cistern:

Posted Image

I ordered a new end cap so once I get it I will shorten the mortar tube and replace the radar dish.

I will glue coverstrips on the backs of my thighs and weather them this week.

Other than that, is there anything else you guys would suggest? I would like to find some time to get new pics of me in my armor before I go away for a week this Saturday.