Posted Image

Posted Image

Right Side:

Posted Image

Left Side:

Posted Image

Back (Backpack by Quarter Master):

Posted Image

Gloves flexible hand guards (I have a set of the correct and incorrect hand guard position):

Posted Image

Green Lenses:

Posted Image

Canvass Shoulder Straps:

Posted Image

Left Helmet Tube Stripes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right Helmet Tube Stripes:

Posted Image

Left Side Ab Plate:

Posted Image

Right Ab Side with button:

Posted Image

Rounded Belt Edges:

Posted Image

Cod Piece and Butt Plate Buttons:

Posted Image

Rounded Knee Ammo Band:

Posted Image

Posted Image

E-11 D Ring:

Posted Image

Let me know if there is anything else needed.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. This is an excellent build and the process should go smoothly.

* Note...

The weathering on the chest may need some minor rework and you might have to mod the radio. Decals are not actually present. (Sonix label & Dial detail)

Other than that (at first pass), your gear looks aces!

Posted Image

Looks good, a few minor things I see though:

The Move along trooper has 16 tube stripes not 15 on his left side:

Posted Image

As pointed out the radio has a black face.

Can you wear your thighs higher? They are really low, which show a lot of black and you can see your garters pretty badly

The biceps and forearms need to be closer together. They actually were connected to each other by elastic in the movie which made the forearms and biceps sit close together again minimizing the black:

Posted Image

I'll direct you to this thread on FISD that sums it up better than I could:

http://www.whitearmo...oto-references/

I THINK your handplates may be wrong. It is hard to tell from the pics but they look to be put on correctly, which for the Move along is not right. There are 2 versions of this guy, the pre break and the after break, Prebreak he had a left handguard glued to his right glove, and a left handguard on his left glove. After the break, he had the handguards reversed with a right handguard glued to his left glove, and a left handguard glued to his right glove:

Pre break:

Posted Image

Post break:

Posted Image

I was called out for this on my own SWAT app because I was going for Prebreak and had used the Post break handguard set up.

Last thing to say is the pouches, you have an extra pouch there on the belt the spannish pouch was not there. He had 2 belt configs as well. Prebreak he had the 2 large three ammo clip pouches on each hip, after break he had a spannish pouch on the right and on the left. (honestly may be wrong on the post break config of the belt as my focus was on the pre, but there was not a config with the small pouch and the three clip pouches)

May seem like I am being a picky snit, not trying to be, for the most part you have a great build, just a few little things I noticed as this is the trooper I emulate as well.

Good Luck!

Edit:

You got your shoulder pouch to hang right the first time, I hate you! I have to fight mine all the time to get it to hang correctly lol.

rhapsodyred99, thanks for the advice. My helmet does have 16 stripes on the left side. That is the wrong pic. I had to have 15 in order to get approved. My GML would not let me do the 16 so i had to cover it up and then get approved and then add it back. I will post the correct photo tomorrow.

I can and will get the thighs higher. Do I need to submit a photo of that?

Connecting the bicep to the forearms I can not do unless i buy new fore arms. They are crazy tight.

I have both set of handplates and will submit photos of both sets side by side tomorrow.

The Spanish pouch was only there for Free Comic Book day. I use it to hold cards. I can take a pick of it off the belt if necessary.

I definitely did not think your comments were nit picky, I knew my armor would be gone over with a fine tooth comb for this so no worries.

Thanks for the compliment on the shoulder pouch. I actually created an adjustable system that allows me to lower or raise it pretty easy so after a bunch of adjustments i got it where I liked it. Just glad you guys like it there too.

looking good so far bro :) .... one thing to highlight is that i believe there should be no hengstler counter or power cylinders on the e-11 ,if you could remove these it would be a great detail for your SWAT application buddy...keep up the great work here bro! :)

Chris, great looking SWAT submission! With a few minor tweaks, you should be in good shape.

One thing that may need some attention is the side seams... Check out what Anthony (TD8266) did to fill and sand his in.

Hope this makes sense!

Pete

Here is the backpack without the stickers:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the chest plate with the more subdued weathering:

Posted Image

Posted Image

new E-11:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Two Sets of Gloves:

Posted Image

16 Tubes Stripes on the Left:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know what else needs to be done. Thanks for the input and encouragement guys.

Ok...so here's my thoughts for SWAT....

Thighs appear to not be sitting right and should have notching in them and be closer to the height of the torso.

Pack looks good but the lines of the radio and tool box should line up on the left side. The tool box is smaller than the radio. Your shells should have a staggered look if that makes sense. The top of the syphon should also line up with the top of the radio. Radio decal should be blacked out and wire should be visible. You could also use a more accurate stinger.

Weathering looks a little off. Maybe just lighten it up a little and map out specific visuals of the patterns.

Shoulder straps...although canvas is ok...elastic is recommended. We know it was what was used for the originals and for the $2 it's well worth the change.

Sorry for the long winded response. We are just getting super critical for the SWAT submissions.

Hi, Chris!

Thank you for submitting your request for SWAT OFFICER Activation.

Although you have chosen a very popular TD for the process, it is always great to see different interpretations on the design and yours looks to be very exceptional.

With that said, there may be some mods that will need to be taken care of. Details that need to be even more fine tuned in comparison to past SWAT members.

Again, we always stress PATIENCE during this process as we pay more and more attention to fine tuning with each new SWAT applicant. The MEPD Senior Commanders and myself will give your armor / gear a full inspection and review. Some details may definitely be missed and re-checked, but we will try to catch them on every pass given until you are cleared and ready to join the Special Weapons & Tactics Team, Brother!

Let's begin...

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: APPLICATION REVIEW (PART 1)

Name: Chris Grace

Legion ID #: TD-5631

Forum Name: DarthGrace

Garrison: Excelsior

** ANH SANDTROOPER SELECTED **: Roadblock Captain / "Move Along"

I.) HELMET:

a.) Green Lenses -- CHECK

b.) Paint Color on Traps / Tears -- CHECK

c.) Number Of Teeth -- (SEE COMMENTS)

d.) Mic Tips -- CHECK

e.) Vocoder Color (Black) -- CHECK

f.) Tube Stripes -- CHECK

g.) Rank Bar -- CHECK

h.) Brow -- CHECK

i.) Side Screws (Ears): CHECK

j.) Weathering: CHECK

** Additional Comments --

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Nice helmet build, My Friend. Excellent weathering, as well! :td::thumbsup:

Need to see close-up pics of the mouth area, cannot tell if there is mesh there or not. (None for SWAT, of course)

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER: (Comments Pending)

C.) COMMANDING OFFICER: (Comments Pending)

II.) Armor / Suit Details:

a.) Straps -- (SEE COMMENTS)

b.) Neck Seal -- CHECK

c.) Black Undersuit -- CHECK

d.) Shoulder Bells -- CHECK

e.) Biceps -- CHECK

f.) Forearms -- CHECK

g.) Pauldron -- (SEE COMMENTS)

h.) Chest / Back Plate -- CHECK

I.) Kidney / Butt Plate -- CHECK

j.) Ab Plate / Side Rivets / Cod -- (SEE COMMENTS)

k.) Thighs -- (SEE COMMENTS)

l.) Shins / Calves -- CHECK

m.) Sniper Plate -- CHECK

n.) Boots -- CHECK

o.) Gloves -- (SEE COMMENTS)

p.) Hand Plates / Guards -- (SEE COMMENTS)

q.) Ammo Belt (Waist) w/ correct Angled Edge -- CHECK

r.) Ammo Belt (Right Knee) -- (SEE COMMENTS)

s.) Canvas Belt -- CHECK

t.) Pouches -- (SEE COMMENTS)

u.) Weathering -- (SEE COMMENTS)

v.) Crotch Snaps -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

*Please keep in mind that these are 'first pass' review notes. This may be all of the flags or more mod requests may be posted later.*

1.) STRAPS - Although we have allowed canvas straps for past applicants, we are starting to phase those out for SWAT status (maybe even standard officer). We request switching to elastic. It'll be worth it in the end and will make your gear that much more accurate!

2.) PAULDRON - Need to see more pics and a close up of the surface details. (i.e. circle stain, etc)

3.) SIDES (AB / KIDNEY) - I see that you have used shims. Please tighten up the attachments and weather if necessary to have the area look seamless.

4.) THIGHS - These need to be raised a little higher and have the correct notches (top area) added for a more accurate look. (Note Rolf's set up)

Posted Image

5.) GLOVES - Can you post pics of you wearing both pairs. (No need to fully suit up, you can wear forearm armor only for shot)

6.) HAND PLATES - (See # 5) This way we can determine which details we will accept for this application.

7.) AMMO BELT (RIGHT KNEE) - Patch up the holes from the previous placement of belt. (weather over, etc.)

Posted Image

8.) POUCHES - Post new pics sans the smaller pouch. Need to see you in full gear. Show both sides.

9.) WEATHERING - As Rick stated, you should tone the colors down a bit and use the screen caps for more accurate weather details.

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER:(Comments Pending)

III.) BACKPACK: VERSION # 3 (Move Along)

a.) Details -- (See Comments)

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

This is an excellent build overall, but you will have to make some mods...

I echo Rick's thoughts on the pack. You will need to change the stinger and re-position the shells for a more accurate appearance.

The radio might have to be replaced with a newer more accurate mold / version. That or replace the tool box so that it will appear more accurate in proportion to the radio. Rick can help advise you on this.

I also see that you have removed the decals. Good job.

C.) COMMANDING OFFICER:

"Pack looks good but the lines of the radio and tool box should line up on the left side. The tool box is smaller than the radio. Your shells should have a staggered look if that makes sense. The top of the syphon should also line up with the top of the radio. Radio decal should be blacked out and wire should be visible. You could also use a more accurate stinger."

IV.) WEAPON: E-11

a.) Details -- CHECK

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Fine weapon. Excellent authentic details / parts. I noticed that you removed the counter and other greeblies for a more accurate appearance.

Nothing more to say here. :td::yes:

** CHECKED AND CLEARED **

That review was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. A lot more work than I wanted to do but not so bad. Here are some updated photos:

No mesh on the teeth (what did you think I was a rookie ;) )Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Paldron with circle stain detail:

Posted Image

left side with not small Spanish pouch (I put it in the photo for proof):

Posted Image

Posted Image

filled in ammo strap hole (this was done a while ago before i was approved):

Posted Image

Posted Image

gloves:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Weathering specific to Move A Long Trooper on left fore arm:

Posted Image

I will start toning down the weather tomorrow. I ordered additional parts for my back pack and i am trying to figure our how to fix the thighs. I will keep you up dated. Thanks for the feedback.

I had to have 15 in order to get approved. My GML would not let me do the 16 so i had to cover it up and then get approved and then add it back. I will post the correct photo tomorrow.

Tell your GML that the CRL allow you to get 16 stripes on the lid. There's no need to cover it. :thumbsup:

Here are new pics of me suited up. These are to show the new toned down weathering and the ouch placement.

I am still working on the thigh issues and the packback. Let me know if any of thes eor the previous photos check off any more boxes or if I need to resubmit everything at the end.

Front Up Close (toned down weathering)

Posted Image

Front Full Length:

Posted Image

Right Side:

Posted Image

Left Side:

Posted Image

Back:

Posted Image

Right Side Pouches:

Posted Image

left Side Pouches (no small Spanish Pouch):

Posted Image

Please ignore the left thigh, it came undone and has since been fixed. I can supply photos if necessary.

I am in the process of getting the supplies I need for the pack and talking with troopers on how best to fix my thighs. I am afaraid I might need to buy new ones.

Hopefully these last few rounds of photos got me closer to getting my armour SWAT approved. Thanks for the help and the advice. If anyone has some suggestions on getting new thighs that are meant to fit bigger troopers let me know. Thanks