Planing on getting Dirty

DunesSnake

Hi Guys

I am new to the MEPD ... I am an active member of the 501st / UKG as a Sith Lord and Commander Bacara

SL-33961

http://alanmolina.co.uk/costumes/revan

And my latest completed project

http://alanmolina.co.uk/costumes/bacara

now I have spent loads and load sof money building and clearing this past two projects but I am saving some money to do a stormtrooper

the question was // Clean TK or get bloody dirty

and to be honest there are way to many clean TK out there so Dirty it is

now my question is

I am short very short 5'6 / 5'7 in a good day :P and quite stocky at 180 pounds of pure resting muscle :P working on getting that down

so

back to the question

what armour make is it better suited for me?

I hear TM and i also seen RS

I really want to avoid more costumes charges from the US as i had to pay half my salary already to the queen when building my Clone Commander

seriously i could of buit 2 suits from all the shipping and taxes

so i really want to keep it local in the UK

any ideas ?

I am planing on replicating this fella

Posted Image

But with a T-21 if thats possible

thanks for your help

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey matey

It's just my opinion but I can't understand why anyone would want to be a stormtrooper

There boring

Sandtroopers are so cool and you get so many cool toys and everyone was different/individual

Plus they just look so much better

Get dirty bro

I stil remember my first troop I'm our only TD and took the cake hands down with the crowd

SANDTROOPERS ROCK

VIVA LA MEPD HA-Zaaaaa :)

Hi Alan, happy to hear you're joining us here on the mepd. Be sure to get signed up on FB with us at Britannia patrol ;)

To try to help with your question, my opinion would be: keep with a UK vendor and go with TM. The customer service is top and Paul's work is simply amazing. I have TM and wouldn't go with anyone else again. Feel free to check my latest build thread on here. Just search for RBC/Anthony Forrest replica.

Looking forward to having you join us dude ;)

Smally.

Awesome build thread Brad thats exactly what i want :) I used zap a gap for my clone and never had any issues ..

I think this will be a very long build for me for a few reasons

• Money
  • I have a Captain Rex build on the go
  • I have a starkiller build on the go
  • that backpack looks a nightmare to make
  • did i mentioned that back pack :P

Hiya Alan, saw your Bacara at LEGOLAND which was awesome mate but im glad to hear your coming to the dirt side :td:. TM or RS really mate, I have an RS TK and im really happy with it bumps'n'all, You have deffo come to the right place to get dirty as some of the guys knowledge here is astounding. Another Brittania recruit soon :yes:

Great decision to go TD. My first armour is coming from the boys at RS in a couple of weeks time. I considered TK for a first build with the intention of a Sandie 2nd, but then thought what's the point? Deep down I wanted to go Sandie eventually, so made it my first build instead, Can't wait to get dirty properly !! :-)

Craig

Hiya Alan, saw your Bacara at LEGOLAND which was awesome mate but im glad to hear your coming to the dirt side :td:. TM or RS really mate, I have an RS TK and im really happy with it bumps'n'all, You have deffo come to the right place to get dirty as some of the guys knowledge here is astounding. Another Brittania recruit soon :yes:

Thanks Mate I just need to get some cash back from my bacara spent and I will dedicate my efforts to get dam dirty and arrest some dam Jawas !!! Bad boys Bad boy what you going to do what you going to do when they come for you !!!!

Sorry i could not resist

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqF_CVQ_U_I

couple of questions

1 Can a TD use a hero style Lid?

2 When ordering a kit do i need to specify im doing a TD ( i know the knee plate is different but its that all?)

3 do i have to paint it kakai then white ? or can i just use the normal ABS material and weather it

Hi matey all good questions I'd say no to the hero lid as they were close up shot lids for things like Luke and Han

Although it really comes down to how you put the lid together

I think you'll find the sandies are wats known as stunt where the eyes n teeth are a lot more roughly cut n in some cases the teeth are quite jagged

I think that looks great

2 depends on who you get armor from as far as I know the only kits that even come with TD parts are RS and TM

RS may include the parts but best ask whereas TM would ask you if you want them during ordering

The different parts beside knee plate would be abdomen plate and 3 button left abdomen plate and shoulder straps

White abs built then weathering with wat ever suits you

Personally I use fullers earth powders which then should be sealed with something like hairspry but for the more brave acrylic paints

Hope this helps mate and keep asking questions bro and posting pics lots of em ;)

couple of questions

1 Can a TD use a hero style Lid? no hero lids

2 When ordering a kit do i need to specify im doing a TD ( i know the knee plate is different but its that all?) other differences but it will depend on the maker

3 do i have to paint it kakai then white ? or can i just use the normal ABS material and weather it

stays white then weathered