Help, what do I do? :-)

Cantina Craig

Hi again Sandies. Okay, my first ever armour is on order from RS and I'm getting everything from them, including backpack E-11, paldron etc and should have it in around 3 weeks. My name is down on TD 8266's list for his next batch of awesome T-21's in June. Since I first registered on UKG at the end of March I think I've read every thread on MEPD and Sandie related ones on UKG. I went To Legoland for the weekend which was awesome but sadly can't make it up to Comic Con. I've met up with local Sandie Elegance a couple of times for Sandie chats which was great. Basically, I'm waiting for my armour now and can't wait to start the clearance process. I've become obsessed with scanning for new threads on here , ha ha!! Please help me, I need something to do to pass away the next 3 weeks. I think I have developed OCD, ha ha.

Cheers Dirty Boys

Craig

I'm pretty sure RS doesn't come in sandtrooper version only tk

So you could make knee plate n ab plate

Maybe draw up a armour pic and plan out your weathering

Do you stil need pouches?

Well good luck anyhow I know how bored ya get not building ;)

hi mate

This is how it gets you! good luck for all your future efforts. I am waiting for my armour to be cleared by UKG. There were a few minor hitches but the troopers on here are amazingly knowledgeable and helpful.

you might want to try looking at ANH and studying the sandtroopers on set. look at loads of pictures and build up a reference library. Read read read but most of all enjoy. I cannot offer advice on building as I am lucky that I got hold of kit from a retiring officer but the minefield that is clearance I can help with in the future - only because I am going through the UKG process at the moment. You might want to start a build thread on UKG on the armourer section which is what you need to do anyway. Good luck bro! Lee

Thanks for the replies boys. When I started contact with RS weeks ago, they said they now do full Sandtrooper armour, so I hope that is the case regarding knee plate :-)

Always up for studying Star Wars photos and watching ANH for the umpteenth time, ha ha.

No, I was just kidding really. Just feel after all the initial get go I'm kicking my heels a bit now. Like U say, that's how it goes ;-)

Really looking forward to clearance, trooping and meeting some of u in person :-)

Cheers

Craig

Yes, RS are doing a TD made to size now, Craig, you even said their going to weather it for you which I didn't know they do so im looking forward to seeing in the flesh. One thing you could do is start practising the American accent on your family, im sure that "wont" get annoying to your family lol, And if you still bored I have some grass that need cutting lol.

Thanks for posting Steven. Great stuff. Funnily enough I watched the first video on YouTube the other evening :-)

I 'm guessing you're pretty happy with your Sandie from RS? ;-)

Cheers

Craig

Very much. Very helpful and professional guys. Though I still ahve to pull my finger out and finish the last two tiny bits to get cleared :woot::6:

Hey Craig,

looks like you have just landed in our world! Meaning you now know how it is to be obsessed with armor, armor building, researching and pretty much just anything related to armor will call your attention!

Congrats! ;)

I know I am a bit (or a lot) OC, and specially when it comes to the details in Sandtrooper armor!

So... one thing I would suggest is that you go through the SWAT submission threads. There you will learn a lot of insight and detailing of Sandtrooper armor you might not even imagine it existed. Even if you get you armor fully built, I can´t imagine any provider/maker to go as deep as deep in their builds as our SWAT troopers go with their own builds.

That will give you some ideas and maybe start the SWAT fever on you.

Also, are you considering portraying a specific TD or just a generic trooper? Either way, you will need pouches. From the the very impressive real Spanish pouches, to the MP40 replicas built by some of our members, to the very distinctive Canvas MP38/40, there are lots of options out there. So give it a thought. The pouch world is a universe by itself!

Welcome and hope to see your armor soon! and you in full Sandtrooper fashion asap!

Saludos.

Hi Juan, thanks for your post. I have been looking at the SWAT threads. They look so interesting and frightening at the same time. Some serious research and painstaking work going into them. SWAT does interest me to be honest, love all the weathering threads, but ideally I'd like to get cleared with my first armour ASAP and trooping, so maybe it will mean a longer second build and do the SWAT thing that way. Mmmm, pouches, yes, like U day, so many variations. Not until you start looking into properly you realise a Sandtrooper isn't just a Sandtrooper, with all the variants. RS are supplying me with ammo pouches, not Spanish style ones I believe .

Anyway, thanks for the welcome brother,

Speak soon I hope

Craig :-)

hey craig,

RS,a good choice buddy,i looove mine!! :yes:

i agree with juan on keeping the research going and also dont forgot your voice amp/changer!

theres some good ones on the market,look forward to seeing some pics of you suited and

booted when it arrives and hopefully trooping with you in the near future! :thumbsup:

Thanks Marcus. Yes, RS even had a Rom FX and speaker at their place and they're supplying me that too. It was literally a one shop stop at RS props for me! :-)

Just need to get that secured in the armour once I have it. I already have an old spare iPod put aside for the Sandie sound effect loop thing once I can download it. I just need a speaker for that if anyone can recommend one that would be great please? :-)

Cheers,Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha, beer and ANH and ESB will do me fine thanks. There 's not enough beer to make me watch The Phantom Menace again.

the Phantom Menace....the only part I watch is the pod race... :P