Thigh Elastic

Elegance

Hiya Gents,

Im currently upgrading some bits of my TD as some of the strapping/elastic is pretty worn and will prob give up soon.

Im onto the thighs now and going to use 75mm wide elastic to loop around from the inside thighs to a quick release belt.

I was wondering whats the best glue to fix the elastic to the inside of the thighs, Im prob going to use my tried and trusted E6000 but just wanted to run it by all you experienced builders here.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Nick,

I can also detach with the method I mentioned as the loop at the top detaches by just sliding it off the belt, glad to hear the E6000 is what you recommend though, thanks..........

I don't like to wait on the dry time of e 6000 so I use snaps, mounted on a small piece of ABS epoxied to the inside thigh. I mount the female snap to the elastic, through a leather backing.

No snapping or popping, and no need to ever replace the Velcro as you have to after a while of use. Since the pile side wears out, and the hook side gathers lint.

Roger that Derek,

Im going to use the existing snap sone as a guide and measure very carefully.

Just incase though, whats the best thing to remove E6000???

Just peeling rubbing and scraping and it will come off.

Nick

I use Glyco which is a commercial brand of art grade benzine. It is used by artist, designers and architects to remove glue. It will melt the e6000 without damaging the hips or abs.

But that is a local brand in Mexico. Do if you try something similar, test run it on scrap plastic before applying it to your armor.

Saludos.

Thanks guys,

I really appreciate the advice, first part of the thighs done last night and will crack on tonight.

Just signed up to troop on Sunday so need to get down to my armoury (shed) tonight asap

to finish up pronto..........

@Marcus,

Smyth's in Fareham, I thought they only wanted TK's but they advertised a TD and a TK being

there.

So last night was spent trying to get my gear upto scratch, new back straps fitted and second

bits of thigh elastic glued along with fixing the belt pouches, second hand kits eh. I am enjoying

tinkering and having fun learning with it though as Im not naturally good with making

things. Some of the skills you guys have amazes me.