Need info on undersuits & gloves

Hellraiser

One of the last things I need for my suit is the undersuit & gloves.

What works best?

What's a reasonable price?

Where can I get it?

Thanks in advance!

These are the gloves I got, and I think they look/work really well:

http://www.1sks.com/store/hatch-gloves- ... loves.html

And I just used UnderArmour for my undersuit. You can get those just about any sporting goods store: Eastbay, GI Joes etc.

I second the glove recommendation. My first set (which I still have if anyone wants them) are the rubber gloves that are supposed to be accurate. However I found the Nomex gloves much more comfortable to wear.

For underarmor - yup it's top notch and most have it - but it's also the most expensive option to go. I understand Wal-mart has similar items for less than 1/2 the cost.

Defenitely spend the extra couple of bucks and get Nomex gloves...

I have a lycra blend top from Wal-Mart, and pants from a discount store called "Steve & Barry's" - total about 20 bucks in undersuit...

also check Sportsmansguide.com for black mens athletic pants.. usually around 20 bucks

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=247197

I have a dance leotard that has a zipper up the back and a zipper for bathroom breaks. I'd have to say that I love it the best because I don't have to worry about the UnderArmor logo showing on the back and it was a whole lot cheaper than a set of UnderArmor.

I have the same Sot. Works pretty well just need help getting it zipped up the back... just like the good ole days... er ya nvmd. Picked up my gloves off gotarmor. Very nice.

the nomex flight gloves are the best,i didnt get hot hands wearing them for 3 hours at our local thearter,though the lycra undersuit was a bad time,i would go for a blend of lycra and cotton.with the pure lycra i started to feel very uneasy as though i was in a piece of PVC tubing.

One of the last things I need for my suit is the undersuit & gloves.

What works best?

What's a reasonable price?

Where can I get it?

Thanks in advance!

Are you looking for comfy or screen accurate? The screen-used gloves were all rubber but they will be miserable for trooping...

I'm looking for comfortable and reasonably accurate.

I bought a set of the Hatch Nomex gloves from One Stop Knife Shop and am looking seriously at Under Armor for the suit.

Anybody know anything about these 1 piece suits with a zipper in the crotch sold by 'Trikstoys' on ebay?

They seem nice, if a little pricy.

i dunno, i personally think its a pain in the *** another thing about those suits is if you grow a little/ put on a few lbs, its hard to zip up in the back.

The two piece underarmor at least gives you that flexability. That and if you are at an event and its over, but you're hanging out afterwards, you can lose the top portion and just rock short sleeves or what have you, instead of having the be stuck in a full body suit, and or have to change.

plus at the price of that you might just be better off with underarmor cost wise

I would not go with under armor or a dive skin... or if you do want to use underarmor, wear it UNDER your undersuit. The undersuit should be a MATTE black cotton type material. The whole shiny undersuit look is just BAD. I used to use a one piece suit but if I did it again, I think I would simply go with a black cotton long sleeve shirt and similar pants. My previous bodysuit was a cotton/lycra mix which allowed it to conform to my body but still be the rougher matte black cotton material.

Hellraiser, I picked up my suit from Trik and as mentioned previously works out well minus the whole zipping the back.

I would shop around a bit and get pricing though, something I didn't do last time.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting the Hatch Nomex gloves from OneStopKnifeShop and the Promate brand scuba style one piece zipper front undersuit with stirrups and thumb loops from unrealfind.com in San Diego.

They both look to be perfect choices. I'm really happy with the quality of both. Got 2 suits for $92 shipped!!

I'm only lacking a neckseal now.

Your thoughts on the best of those available??

Thanks in advance!

I got one from Chris and its the best,it looks the part and the price is rite.cant find one anywhere thats better.Awsome guy to deal with.

I would also agree with this. Chris' (or should I say his wife's )neck seals are top notch and I have yet to see anything better.