Doubleshots ATA TD Build

Clue

Jason, I know how you feel !!!!!!!

I have waited 8 months for my armor & now finally it is at the USPS in L.A. waiting for deployment to Australia. I have a feeling that the next 2 weeks will be worse than the last 8 months.

Hang in there !

Andrew.

I hear you Andrew and Deadpool...I am told that I'll be waiting on the rest of my kit until June or July...the anticipation is

Definitely a factor but there are plenty of other things I need to piece together before then so there's always something to work on acquiring for now as the bucket is all I've ordered at this point. The good thing is I do have plenty of time to mull over my choices before I purchase all of my soft parts and accessories, and to me there's a lot of entertainment in doing the research. Good luck with your builds Brothers.

Got word today that my lid will be in Tuesday so Ive got a few questions before I begin please. First, to be deployed once I have 501st approval my gear must reflect all of the sandy characteristics and include an accurate pack and weapon correct? Other than that, is it safe to say that my rig could have a seperate identity other than the Sandies depicted on screen or do I also have to match a certain configuration?. Second.. If I chose to pursue SWAT level then at that point I would want to replicate to closest detail possible an on screen Sandy, including gear configuration and weathering correct? I am sure that I have a good idea of what needs to be done but here is my dilema. I would like to do a SWAT build for the Cantina Captain but the lid only has 3 teeth cut out and no mesh, which I would need for swat, however that does not conform to 501st CRL's because they want 4 teeth cut out. Does doing one cancel the other out? Also Ive looked through the build threads and have failed to find anyone that has acheived SWAT for Cantina Captain...am I missing something here, or has no one done it? And last, I know it is popular belief that STS and Cantina Captain are the same, could I use STS weathering on the body armor along with the 3 tooth lid and Cantina configuration and qualify for SWAT that way? There just aren't many reference pics for Cantinas body weathering out there. This is why I ask about other members making SWAT for Cantina, so that I may be able to use their build threads as reference. Still got a wait for my body armor but want to plan ahead. Just love the Cantina Captain and would like to try for SWAT once I start my build. Thank you in advance for your input.

Hello again Jason,

I am also going to do the same for the Cantina Sargent. I plan on building & weathering the armor to that particular trooper plus adding all that is required for 501st approval. I will then add/remove what is required for SWAT. As far as the teeth go, I read on here somewhere about using pieces of t shirt & melting ABS & acetone together to fill the 4th tooth back in. I think it may have been Brian (Bigdane) or one of the German Garrison boys who wrote about it. Also you could get Quartermaster (John) or Dirty Boy (Rick) to build your backpack for you which will arrive SWAT ready.

Hope this helps.

Andrew.

Well, I am going out on a limb here with an idea.... If you build your armor up to SWAT standards first. Get it all complete with pics all done.. Then go back and cut the 4th tooth out, and redo pics for your 501st approval pics....... Hmmm. Could be done..... Just saying.

Kill 2 birds with one stone.... I will probably get slapped with a cut in pay for giving you this idea!! Lol

That should work Trooper1....I found some cool reference pics at this link and it appears that Cantina and STS share the same weathering pattern...there is a pic of Cantina by the bar that clearly shows his chest markings match those of STS. http://www.mepd.net/photo_gallery/Photo_Albums/Pages/Screen_Caps.html

Andrew, good to see someone else with an interest in Cantina.

The STS trooper was the one that I emulated for SWAT and as such built my armour to that specification from Day 1. I had to cut out the 8 teeth and then I filled the last 2 with simple decorators caulk/putty and painted the frown over and it looks as good as new. I also taped the mesh down inside the helmet so that it can be easily removed if needed.

You are correct that the cantina Squad Leader is the same upper armour as the STS. All we ask for SWAT is that you replicate what can be seen on screen. What cannot be seen on screen is down to a certain degree of interpretation but should follow the flow of what you can see. If you base your build off the STS and do the correct pack and weapons/pouches you can't go too far wrong.

Nick

Hey fellas...a little feedback please. Got my ATA lid yesterday and started assembly. Had a rough start on the ear pieces lol... Think I got it figured out now. I did notice that there is a difference in cheek tube lengths of around 5/8's of an inch. I'm assuming this is normal since some troopers have a different number of tube stripes per side. Everything is lined up as far as the eyes from the temple etc. was just wondering if this is something I should be concerned with. Thanks

The ears.... Hmm how to explain. I use a pencil laid flat and mark the part against the helmet, then trim just a little. Recheck fit, then do it again, until its just right!!! Lol

You can do it, just take your time

I need some advice... Do you guys think I need to paint the traps bigger and closer to the indentations? Thanks in advance.

I would say yes mate. Plus it might pay to make the black lines less prominant (thinner).

Nick