Did the 501st ever approve the EFX HELMET ?

iron ram

Great thread/question! :) I have two MRCE buckets, one of which is a heavily modified TD. I painted out the lines in the traps and tears, have medium-blue replacement tube stripe decals (maybe still too dark though), flat green lenses, and I caulked shut the seam along the frown. I think that qualifies that helmet for Level One sandtrooper approval even though it's an EFX/MRCE bucket, but I could easily be wrong. Can I please get an expert's opinion on this? Thanks. :)

Posted Image

Tim,

I also have done the same as you, but you also need to replace the Hovi's with the correct ones. The helmet is also only approvable for police officer & not SWAT. I used the Testors French Blue for the stripes.

Andrew.

You also need to file out the teeth to be taller and add screws to the ears.. But other than what has been mentioned and the ear screws and filing of the teeth. it should be passable. I like to recommend replacing the ears all together, but that's not necessary.

Tim,

I got my Hovi's from Keith over at the FISD on recommendation from other troopers on the MEPD (look in the ongoing runs). He is based in the UK, but they are well worth it & once you get them you will see why they want them changed. Also as Lou mentioned I have made the teeth larger & added the fourth tooth in. To remove the existing mic's I did what Quartermaster recommended & got the wife's hair dryer on real low heat & softened the glue & snapped them off without wrecking anything. Hope this helps.

Andrew.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Just a quick question, I have a helmet I picked up from Ebay some while ago. I'm not sure what version it is but I can tell you it has 3 teeth either side instead of four... I wondered what I have to do to add the extra 2 teeth? Paint or cut?

Many Thanks in advance, Phil.

Hi, Just a quick question, I have a helmet I picked up from Ebay some while ago. I'm not sure what version it is but I can tell you it has 3 teeth either side instead of four... I wondered what I have to do to add the extra 2 teeth? Paint or cut?

Many Thanks in advance, Phil.

As the Boss says mate, post up some pics. That way we can tell you 1) what helmet you have, and 2) how to correctly modify if required ;)