*ACTIVATED* TD-10072 / SAND DEVIL / SWAT OFFICER #018

SAND DEVIL

Move Along / Road Block Captain Trooper.

Name: Ben Anders

Legion ID #: TD-10072

Forum Name: Sand Devil

Garrison: Neon City Garrison

Trooper Emulated: Move Along Trooper (pre-break version)

Armor: SDS

Pack: Crashmann, DirtyBoy, Gordon and The Home Depot found items

E11: Doopydoos pipe Kit and The Home Depot PVC Pipe

Pauldron: I won’t mention the name (he is on this forum), it was horrible/thin, snaps ripped out first time and so I took it to my local leather shoe guy who completely redid it (puffy). Should have gone with Trooper1’s.

Handplates: Karin's Latex

Boots: TKboots

Pouches: Brad Bucholtz ‘Boo’ and WWW.WORLDWAR2-MILITARIA.COM

Hovis: SDS

Radio: DirtyBoy

Weathering: 1 pigment (Burn Umber) and the Nevada desert (Yes I actually threw sand on it and my armor, then sealed)

Electronics: Radio Shack, mic and amp

Belt: SDS and canvas custom built

Hardware: The Home Depot regular hardware

2) Post at least two, nice sized, clear photos of you in your armor at various angles. These photos will be used, in part, to determine if your weathering is satisfactory.

***Moved Photobucket around so pics were lost. Since I pulled my application for SWAT right now I won't waste server space, but here is the thread to see the build if interested:

Armor:

http://s1134.photobu...uild SDS Armor/

Bucket:

http://s1134.photobu...e Along Bucket/

E-11:

http://s1134.photobu...n/E-11 Blaster/

Accessories:

http://s1134.photobu...on/Accessories/

Backpack:

http://s1134.photobu...Backpack Build/

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - YES

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - YES

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. - YES

3) Post a close up photo of each major area and/or item listed in the S.W.A.T. requirements while continuing to copy and paste the requirements they relate to above the photo in bold:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ben,

Great to see that you're going for swat bro.

Can you put up a couple more pics of your helmet please mate? Maybe several from different angles and distances, It's hard to count the amount of tube stripes on each side.

Hey Ben...nice to see you going for SWAT as well :thumbsup:

I don't know, if there is anywhere written, that the cover stripes on your thigh armour is too thick...normally it's 2cm wide on the leg armour and 1,5cm on the arm armour.

And like the other dudes write, please more detail pics of the helmet...

It still lacks the wire on the radio...look at this--->

Posted Image

Otherwise good luck with your request :salute:

Smally:

I was wondering about the stripes. Here is my bucket. I used 'Done' Move Along Captain SWAT posts from yours, TD-7930 (Mike's), TD-7423 (Dave's), Rolf's and Juan's SWAT requests for reference. However they are almost all different counts on the stripes. I figured that meant it wasn't a required detail or not clear enough to determine on the screen. I will wait to make any mods when Juan chimes in. My bucket is first and then others for reference on what I mean:

My bucket with 12 Right and 13 Left (all that fits on SDS bucket)

Anthony,

I think you mean the right knee ammo belt? Here are some close ups as requested. I am trimming to the boxes now. Realized it was not right when doing some additional research. I'm also moving it down to show the bottom ridge of the right thigh piece. I shouldn't have missed that the first time. :6: Oh well, nobody tell my wife I am not perfect. She already knows. :yes: The bottoms are rounded and a 90 degree top. Rivets, painted white.

Daniel,

You are absolutely right about the wire on the radio. Working on that now. Pictures soon. I added the bucket details above. As for the cover stripes, might be an issue. I have an SDS armor set and I'm 240 LBS. I had to add to them because of my size. If that is a deal breaker, then Juan please put me out of my misery now....But I think it looks proportionate and good. However, I deflect to our fearless leaders to make that call. I vote that anyone can do it. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Bad camera phone shot, but shows the overall look, no troops yet, waiting on my garrison:

Here is what I mean on the knee. In this pic you can see the black lines. The knee should be right to the top and to the bottom of the rectangle boxes. I had to re rivet mine to make this work.

Posted Image

Also I am not sure if it is SWAT requirement But if your looking at the bucket the left mic tip should be pointing inward like this.

Posted Image

Just some things I learned from my build. Love your e-11.

Here is my first set of corrections:

Radio wire and correct design on left near cistern (Thank you Daniel)

Right leg ammo cut down. (Thank you Anthony)

I also wanted Juan to see that I made my E-11 adjustable to accommodate the counter and cylinders, or remove them for SWAT. I know for this specific 'Move Along Captain' it was previously decided to not have either.

I like the way Juan gave credit for people who helped him on his SWAT build, so I updated the very first part at the the top of my post. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP BROTHERS!

Upgrades v2.0 Fixed right side crooked Hovi mic on bucket (Thank you Anthony, again):

I also put decals on the radio since the last picture and realized I could not have them on the Move Along Captain, so with much pain, I painted black over them.

Well, I will post by first off saying it is looking great. With that being said though, as I have always said. SWAT is sort of like passing the Navy Seal training, in my opinion. Fifty may start but twenty pass. So be prepared to get tore down and built back up! Lol. Or ring the bell! Size doesn't matter as long as you can cut the mustard.

The things I see are the Pauldron black segments? The orange appears raised or poofy, but the black appears flat. Can you show some different pics of that, comparison to screen caps.

Now the cover strips??? I agree that they look disproportionate to the film suit, or the screen cap you are to recapture. The one leg looks wider on the strip at the bottom, than the top? I agree they are supposed to be thinner, as has been stated, but at least proportionate.

Now on the strips as well, they need cut off shorter, instead of running the complete length of the thigh. They should stop short of the ammo strap, and short of the curved ? Part at the bottom in I am not mistaken.

Jay,

There won't be any "bell ringing" here brother. The MEPD didn't make no quitters. So after I picked myself off the ground, from my temper tantrum, I started to look at the pics again and the suggestions about the strips being to wide. I agree with you guys. The arms are not modified and are the correct strips that came with the set, so I just need to focus on the 4 leg pieces. I can't make my legs smaller (yes I know I can run, and started that). I can't take the armor apart without ruining it (strips are glued with superglue, not E-6000). So I sit and stare at the legs. and stare, and stare. And I think to myself: "Self, what you going to do"? Well, I am going to reshape the areas with bondo. I am going to sand, and sand, and sand. Then Primer and paint. Then re-do smaller strips on top. Re-weather them, and re-post pics. So I would like to "introduce you to my little friends" (in a Cuban accent)...

Should be done before the weekend. Pending on no more temper tantrums. Thank you for the honest feedback. These are great fixes so far and nothing I need Juan to tell me or reiterate what you have all correctly said before. OFF TO THE SHOP TONTO....HIGH ** SILVER, AWAY!

(I can't beleive that was edited by the server. Really??? It's from the old Lone Ranger (1950s). Whatever, stopping short of tantrum...

Good luck Ben with the modifications. It sure looks like a daunting task, but I admire your dedication. Just goes to show the level of commitment SWAT members have (current and prospective).

Had to laugh at the Lone Ranger "edit"... I wonder if the server will mind if Santa says, "**-**-**"???