The Pains of Being in The 501st!

SAND DEVIL

OMG! I just tried on a few of my completed armor pieces. This is my first build and first time putting on armor. I now have two new 'armor bite' pinch marks or bruises on my arms. WOW, I never realized what our brothers and sisters go through for this love. This is a PAINFUL hobby. I am truly scared to try on my thighs, abs and butt section. You have got to be kidding me. I don't think there is enough disclosure on this subject. So my friends who are new to trooping.....be warned. That is all I can say on this forum without getting Rolf, Juan or Rick upset at me for bad language. Wow, just wow.

Have a new found respect for anyone wearing this armor........

Lol....ya man it's not comfortable :) wait til you get the pack on, it's over a hundred degrees out and the parade your trooping in is 4 miles.

Ha! I hear ya Rick... that's how we do it down here in Texas for most of the year! :)

OMG! I just tried on a few of my completed armor pieces. This is my first build and first time putting on armor. I now have two new 'armor bite' pinch marks or bruises on my arms. WOW, I never realized what our brothers and sisters go through for this love. This is a PAINFUL hobby. I am truly scared to try on my thighs, abs and butt section. You have got to be kidding me. I don't think there is enough disclosure on this subject. So my friends who are new to trooping.....be warned. That is all I can say on this forum without getting Rolf, Juan or Rick upset at me for bad language. Wow, just wow.

Have a new found respect for anyone wearing this armor........

Its all good. I´m not sure how big you are, but there are so many different armors out there to buy. Both for skinny, slim, bigger etc to fit.

One good advice, buy two different sandpapers roles, a rough one and a smooth one, give it a good work whit the smooth sandpaper after the rough work. to the trim line surface are nice and smooth. That will do a great work on your body parts not to get red cut lines trooping if the parts sit tight :thumbsup:

Rolf,

Thanks for the advice. I went with SDS, RS wasn't out yet. I am WAY to big for it and have been doing a lot of shims and mods to make it fit, but I had to go with the screen accurate out of the gate. My goal now is to make sure I don't look like the Michelin Man or Mr. Stay Puff when done. :yucky:

One of my local Neon City Garrison brothers (Mark, TD-4636) is pushing me hard to 'just get it done and get deployed'. It's about the fun and kids, just trying to strike a balance with also not wasting money on a poor build and getting it right the first time vs. hurry up and get in it. Which I have to say, hurts still.

I did the sand paper and made sure EVERYTHING was smooth :pinch: . Maybe trying on the armor as I go, without any under armor was a bad idea. Live and learn, live and learn. Thanks again for the advice. I'm sure I will toughen up. I will just tell people that ask about my bruises that I am in a 'fight club'. Sounds tough, JUST KIDDING!

• 4 weeks later...

Yea my first armor was a bit rough..got alot of bites. Now not so much as over the years i learned where to trim to avoid it. You'll find over time you'll trim a little here and a little there until you dont get the bites. Also leaving a bit of room in the forearm/bicep/thigh areas helps as well. It doesnt need to be super tight to your body, that actually causes more harm than does good really. Eventually you will work out a happy medium :)