DarthChridan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.

I am finally here.

:)

As stated by many, even a month or so ago, I find it very difficult to spot any upgrades that you would need and that could prevent your deployment.

I do, anyway, want to share my opinion and a revealing shot on the pipe issue.

The thing is that after much discussion and research, we agreed that the pack used by the "Move Along Trooper" (wont call it Davin Feth cause all the armor and gear changes through the film, so there is not a real character there), is the same that the "Move Along Trooper" wears on the roadblock scene. It just went through some damage/repair. During that process, the lab pipe most have been lost in order to tape the lower seedtrays into the move along pack fashion.

This is what we were assuming for all previous SWAT deployments. Also, this has been a discussion going on for a few years now, popping up every now and then. But even if I cant be 100% sure, I really think these two are the same packs, just in different stages of shooting.

Now, here is what we think is a picture of that pack during shooting day 1 or maybe 2. When the so called Look Sir Droids trooper is still wearing all the gear that appears on the "found droid part" scene. And it clearly shows a part that cant be other that the lab pipe:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyway, I know that upgrade has already been done, just wanted to support Rick's request with references. Hope you will agree that the pack is the same and that the pipe is there...

So... if we follow that assumption, I would also need to ask you (as Rick already did) to upgrade your pack painting the whole faceplate of the radio black. You could just cover the decals or add them again later on, but for SWAT clearence you would need to show an all black radio faceplate. Anyway, I read you already agreed on this, so, just post a picture and that is it.

I am aware that this whole thing is assuming stuff over a few pictures shot 35 years ago, but this has been all done in similar way with previous deployments. We are already working on a way to make this process easier to follow, understand and review... but even then, the standard will only keep getting higher with every new discovery.

This is why the SWAT program is so special among the 501st.

But please bro... Hope you are not discouraged but only encourage to make your armor the most accurate you can.

I most say that your gear looks really REALLY good! And if not for this little discussion and delay on my side, you would have been deployed already. Hope you can understand, and if there is anything I can do to help you, let me know.

I am taking as a personal goal to see you and Dave Mars deployed asap!

Thx for your support!

Saludos

Juan

Hi Juan...

at first, thanks for your time....

Because of the lap pipe discussion...all in all I start from the desert scene(in the movie), and I can't see anything from a pipe....but like you wrote, we all can not more 100% comprehend how it was then. It's difficult to say, that there is a pipe on the left side, when it lacks a pic to see this part...

Ok, to make it short, I've added .... but it remains an aftertaste and and I hope it will be rechecked for future candidate.

Finally I assume that still only the radio is challenged?!?

Here is a pic without the decals--->

Posted Image

SRy for the crappy handy pic....

I hope that's ok :)

All the best,

Dan

Thx for understanding bro and helping us out. You can be sure that we will fine tune this little (or big) details for future evaluations and we are already taking in consideration your opinions and research. Thx for being an actuve part of the program and of the detachment.

Now, about the radio, yes, that is the only part challeged at this point.

And I can see you already dopped the different dials' stickers. Tha looks good, but to behonest that would be the least worrying part... The real mod would be to remove, paint or cober the green and blak circle screen dial.

Again, this is cause that pack is the same as the one used by the move along trooper and that pack's radio is all painted black.

This would be the only thing left. As I said, i want to see you deployed ASAP, so, if you can post that picture, Ill get you deployed!

Again, thx for yous support. You have an awesome TD already, just remember the SWAT program is not only aout making it awesome, but virtually identical to what is seen on screen.

Saludos.

Juan

And I can see you already dopped the different dials' stickers. Tha looks good, but to behonest that would be the least worrying part... The real mod would be to remove, paint or cober the green and blak circle screen dial.

Uff...

oh, I unterstand... there is no stickers :6: on the whole radio :rolleyes: --->

Posted Image

Now I see...ok, here's mine--->

Posted Image

This is looking fantastic. Could the last member of the dirty dozen MEPD SWAT members finally be accepted Juan?

Nick

They will receive only the suspense... like christmas :sweat:

Great thread, and relevant to me as I'll be doing a sergeant who shares some of Davin's parts. Hope this will help with my own SWAT clearance in the (hopefully near) future.

Great work and good luck with your clearance.

Thanks...I hope this helps you with your own build :thumbsup: